DIY MF Brainstorm

DIY MF Brainstorm
Posted on: 05.06.2011 by Gilma Marchini
My gramps is going to be in town in a few weeks, and although he's getting a little shaky he's still a God at Machining and DiY bliss. I'd love to be able to have some time to work on a project with him, so I'm plotting out a mod that would encase two of my midifighter...

I haven't made much ground, although I plan on upping the button size and using a layout that I'm a bit more familiar with (I play fighting games and my arcade controller has 30mm buttons). Attached is the button layout I'm believeing of. I still need to add some effects control (super faders), levels/EQ section, and an headphone section. I'm brainstorming, so any ideas on mapping, how to position things, how to structure the top section of my controller, etc would be much appreciated

I'm also knowledgeable in some programming languages, so multiplexing and rewriting some firmware shouldn't be too hard.

Left hand buttons mirrored on right
Delay Kill Pitch Bend - Pitch Bend + Cue Play/Pause
Slicer Mode Cue 4 Cue 3 Cue 2 Cue 1
Thumb Button = Shift

Left hand shift buttons
Layered Sample Deck Toggle Slicer Value Ditto Ditto Ditto

TL;DR: Help me believe of some ideas for this controller.
Gilma Marchini
My gramps is going to be in town in a few weeks, and although he's getting a little shaky he's still a God at Machining and DiY bliss. I'd love to be able to have some time to work on a project with him, so I'm plotting out a mod that would encase two of my midifighter...

I haven't made much ground, although I plan on upping the button size and using a layout that I'm a bit more familiar with (I play fighting games and my arcade controller has 30mm buttons). Attached is the button layout I'm believeing of. I still need to add some effects control (super faders), levels/EQ section, and an headphone section. I'm brainstorming, so any ideas on mapping, how to position things, how to structure the top section of my controller, etc would be much appreciated

I'm also knowledgeable in some programming languages, so multiplexing and rewriting some firmware shouldn't be too hard.

Left hand buttons mirrored on right
Slicer Mode Cue 4 Cue 3 Cue 2 Cue 1
Thumb Button = Shift

Left hand shift buttons
Layered Sample Deck Toggle Slicer Value Ditto Ditto Ditto

TL;DR: Help me believe of some ideas for this controller.
Lakeisha Allaway
Hi Tyfurious.

Heres how im gonna set it up. Might give you some ideas.
Just drew it up in paint for you just now, so it imight look a litlle bit sketchy.
Kathline Archacki
ad a joystick for x y control

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy