MF shows up In Midi Monitor and nowhere else :(

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF shows up In Midi Monitor and nowhere else :(Reply
MF shows up In Midi Monitor and nowhere else :(
Posted on: 24.06.2011 by Tanesha Strug
My Midifighter has been working great for weeks now. Well enough that I felt confident to take it on tour with The Glitch Mob. Unfortunately, it just threw me a major problem on the way to our show in San Francisco toevening . It seems to boot up fine, MIDI Monitor sees it and it's button presses, but no other program can. I need to get it into MIDIPipe so I can hijack it and send transposed messages.

Has anyone ever seen a problem like this? I'd appreciate any tips, as the show is in a few hours

I've updated the firmware to the newest version (after this problem started).
Tanesha Strug
My Midifighter has been working great for weeks now. Well enough that I felt confident to take it on tour with The Glitch Mob. Unfortunately, it just threw me a major problem on the way to our show in San Francisco toevening . It seems to boot up fine, MIDI Monitor sees it and it's button presses, but no other program can. I need to get it into MIDIPipe so I can hijack it and send transposed messages.

Has anyone ever seen a problem like this? I'd appreciate any tips, as the show is in a few hours

I've updated the firmware to the newest version (after this problem started).
Tanesha Strug
FIXED!

The issue was MidiPipe. After a crash while the Midifighter was hijacked, my OS no longer saw the device (MidiMonitor uses its own driver, so I guess it was immune).

The fix was to unplug the MidiFighter, then delete it from AudioMIDI preferences, then add it back in. Maybe this will be useful for someone else.
Tanesha Strug
Further strangeness - the MF works fine on my other machine. Unfortunately, I can't easily use the other machine for the show toevening . So there's something up in my Mac OS somewhere that's keeping the Midifighter from showing up?

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy