my findings and thoughts

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: my findings and thoughtsReply
my findings and thoughts
Posted on: 28.06.2011 by Laurene Kestin
Firstly i'd like to say big thanks to the team for getting my midi controller classic out assembled all up so quick. if it wasn't for UK parcel delivery i could have had this almost a week ago suppose good things come to those who wait .

Anyways here's my thoughts and findings so far. I'm running TSP2 on a MBP. MF is updated using midi channel 3 and 4 bank mode (internal). I've imported the latest intant grat mapping into traktor. I've set all the in's and out ports, also the deck focusing.

I've got a vci-300 also connected and i've added the FF mapping (to using the mixer (not efx)

I click on all the fx bank association buttons next to each deck so their all turned on. however if i start using my midifighter on lets say deck A and use effects from bank 1. the bank 1 light button for the other decks go off. I can't figure out how to either stop them from going out or be able to reactivate without out using mouse pointer.

If someone understands what i've just tried to explain and knows of a solution i'd be grateful for the assistance.

thanks
Laurene Kestin
Firstly i'd like to say big thanks to the team for getting my midi controller classic out assembled all up so quick. if it wasn't for UK parcel delivery i could have had this almost a week ago suppose good things come to those who wait .

Anyways here's my thoughts and findings so far. I'm running TSP2 on a MBP. MF is updated using midi channel 3 and 4 bank mode (internal). I've imported the latest intant grat mapping into traktor. I've set all the in's and out ports, also the deck focusing.

I've got a vci-300 also connected and i've added the FF mapping (to using the mixer (not efx)

I click on all the fx bank association buttons next to each deck so their all turned on. however if i start using my midifighter on lets say deck A and use effects from bank 1. the bank 1 light button for the other decks go off. I can't figure out how to either stop them from going out or be able to reactivate without out using mouse pointer.

If someone understands what i've just tried to explain and knows of a solution i'd be grateful for the assistance.

thanks
Laurene Kestin
yeah thats what it's doing. at first it wasn't turning them on either but i believe that was the echo and slicer mappings from the vci300 as the MF now turns the banked decks fx on after removing them the other mappings.
Tatum Ansaldo
Are you using the Instant Gratification mapping? It's supposed to turn off the effects assignment to other decks, so it only affects one deck at a time.
Joella Stottsberry
what mapping are you using?
Laurene Kestin
Ok i believe i've figured it out. I've set device MF (A) i've set the device target to deck a and device MF (b) to deck B. This doesn't stop the fx bank buttons going off on the all decks bar the deck selected in the MF bank. but the second you switch banks the second i press a button the relevant fx bank button enables allowing fx. Glad i figured it out. managed to have a good 30mins with the midifighter and it's great fun. the button config is perfect i'd say. Well done for a great product. Now i've got one i'd possibly like a pro, but i'm believeing bout trying to get my crossfader to act like one of the MF pro's faders for now

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy