Parts for custom MF

Parts for custom MF
Posted on: 25.06.2011 by Kim Heuermann
Im about to but a midi fighter and mod it a bit, where would a purchase some knobs and sliders?

Oh and would it be possible to put an xy touch pad on a midi fighter or would a joystick work better?
Kim Heuermann
Im about to but a midi fighter and mod it a bit, where would a purchase some knobs and sliders?

Oh and would it be possible to put an xy touch pad on a midi fighter or would a joystick work better?
Kimberly Lewark
Oh yeah, the DS/PSP overlays they have on sparkfun seem to provide two analog values. Shouldn't be too hard to get them working (though I did not read the tutorials/datasheets).

EDIT: Seems it is a little more work than that afterall.
Leeanna Ayla
mouser or I believe sparkfun has them.
Kimberly Lewark
We got our parts from mouser. I believe DJTT get theirs from mouser too.

As for XY touchpad, I guess it depends on the interface. Eg, if it just gives you two analog values, one for X and one for Y touch locations, then its easy to add - just connect to the analog expansion pins. If it uses something like SPI, then its a little more work to connect and would also require some firmware modding. I assume a joystick can just be connected to analogs.

Have you got any specific touch pads in mind?
Delmar Swamy
Don't know about anything XD but I would love to see this when its done if you get the touch on it

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy