ableton api?

ableton api?
Posted on: 04.09.2010 by Laurel Litchko
it would be cool if we could use the midi fighter to launch clips and have a red box around the clips in ableton kind of like the launchpad/apc. top four could scroll up and down, left and right and the bottom three rows could launch.
Keli Vandenbergh
Originally Posted by rishi
It is possible and all the required info is easily accessible. A guy called Hans petrov write some great articles on how to create your own scripts and it's possible to borrow bits from other scripts.

http://remotescripts.blogspot.com/20...k-classes.html
Bingo!

Keli Vandenbergh
Originally Posted by ctrld
if you want those, you'll probably have to torment ableton and/or cycling with e-mails.
Really?

Originally Posted by Mudo
Yes sir, it will be very cool if somebody will have these info well documented...
if you want those, you'll probably have to torment ableton and/or cycling with e-mails.
Keli Vandenbergh
...on the control_surface level which isn't well documented for obvious reasons.
Yes sir, it will be very cool if somebody will have these info well documented...

It is possible but needs some coding...
...on the control_surface level which isn't well documented for obvious reasons.
Laurel Litchko
it would be cool if we could use the midi fighter to launch clips and have a red box around the clips in ableton kind of like the launchpad/apc. top four could scroll up and down, left and right and the bottom three rows could launch.
Vernita Zaffiro
i'm pretty sure i could put together a script that would work well enough for my purposes with some time, i just figured i would see if anyone had something out there already they were sharing.
Vernita Zaffiro
I actually have a very specific purpose intended for my midi fighter. I bought a kit a while back because i had gotten a bonus and thought they were pretty cool now i'm trying to work it into my workflow/set which is already very comfortable for me otherwise.

the basic functionality of the max patch is already set up, it's going to be a beat repeat stutter sort of affair, left column being fourth notes, then eighths, sixteenths and thirty seconds, top row is half speed, then full speed, then one and a half speed, then reverse. simple enough the bulk of the work is already done there, however max for live does not have midi mappable momentary buttons.

however i've seen it done with control surfaces that have a remote script, you can tell max for live to observe a button on the control surface via the API and when it's pressed it sends a 1 and released it sends a 0 and then route that data rather than using a max GUI button that would be a toggle only, so really i just need the most basic of basic skeletal remote script that will allow the live API to recognize the midi fighter as a control surface and give access to max to listen to the button presses.
Rosita Bourdeaux
robert chanda
The problem is not with programming the API to make it work with a MF. I already have early demo code that puts up two clip launch boxes (for two Midifighters), have them scroll around, launch clips and send the state of each cell to set LEDs on the MF.

The problem is working out what you want each button to do - what is the mapping between buttons and functionality? What activities, apart from launching clips, do you want the Midifighter to break out onto buttons?

We never came up with a convincing mapping idea paired with a set of FX chains that matched the kinds of things you can do with the Traktor mappings. If anyone has a good general purpose Ableton Live DJ setup that could answer this problem, we'd love to hear from you.
Vernita Zaffiro
my intention is to use a remote script to give max for live better access to the midi fighter for a specific max patch. I was posting to see if anyone had made a remote script that they wouldn't mind sharing, i have a little bit of experience messing with the remote scripts from when I had an apc40, I altered the remote script to change a few things based off of the hanz petrov tutorials linked above and some help from someone i had found making an ohm64 remote script. I have yet to build one from the ground up though, so i figured i'd see if there was one floating around out there already.
Jeremy Luedemann
hey,
I'm working on several python scripts and I even discovered how to use the novation launchpad with the apcs in combination mode (they are tied together like glue!).
I would recommend to use the python control surfaces for the midi fighter instead of the max4live api, its better for this purpose.
The whole thing isn't really hard to understand if you know how to code and use an api.
http://www.max4live.info/content/max...and-components here you have the famous red box script, just change the midi channels and notes and here you go!
Vernita Zaffiro
has anyone made any progress with this? I am working on a max4live patch specifically for my midifighter and would like to use the liveapi control surface route of receiving messages from the midifighter. If not i could probably hack something together myself... but it would be sloppy.

fuck yes. good one, rishi.
Keli Vandenbergh
Originally Posted by rishi
It is possible and all the required info is easily accessible. A guy called Hans petrov write some great articles on how to create your own scripts and it's possible to borrow bits from other scripts.

Bingo!

Ignacio Rutner

Keli Vandenbergh
Really?

Keli Vandenbergh

Keli Vandenbergh

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy