Midi Fighter or Midi Fighter Pro

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter or Midi Fighter ProReply
Midi Fighter or Midi Fighter Pro
Posted on: 06.07.2011 by Rosita Sumwalt
So I was dead set on getting two Midi Fighter Pros (2 MFP's + Mixer). I just saw the video of the Midi Fighter with the Deckalized mapping. I was just curious if there was a similar mapping for the Midi Fighter Pro. Is the advantage of the pro worth it over getting the Midi Fighter instead?
Kandis Smollen
Originally Posted by willinfluence
So there was a problem with DJTT web shop,
The second batch of MF Pros are now up for sale!

just ordered a cue master
I just got screwed on this! I ordered the MF Classic early this morning because they were sold out of the Beat Masher Pro's! I place my order and then later get an email that it was assembled and was sent to be shipped, along with an email that they had a glitch in their store last evening ! WTF! Can somebody help me out?! I hope a MOD see's this!! My Order # is 100000678 for anyone who can help! I e-mailed "orders@" already with my info, but i hope someone gets to this before it's too late!
Rosita Sumwalt
Originally Posted by No Left Turn
Technically, you could still use the Classic's Deckalized mapping with the Pro. You might be able to combine the Pro's mapping with the Deckalized mapping. The mappings for the Pro's are actually split up into 2 parts. One part for the faders/knobs/buttons and a second part for the arcade button controls. So you could have both .tsi's imported and just not use the IG+Deckalized mapping the Pro. Make sense? I hope it does.
This makes perfect sense. The scenario you mentioned was actually what I was hoping for. I wanted to be able to maintain the fader control with the deckalized button mapping. That mapping looks to be so much fun, I can't wait to play around with it.

So it sounds like this hasn't been officially tested yet? Is there any reason you see which would make the original mapping for the pro better than the deckalized mapping?

Appreciate your help by the way
Rosita Sumwalt
So I was dead set on getting two Midi Fighter Pros (2 MFP's + Mixer). I just saw the video of the Midi Fighter with the Deckalized mapping. I was just curious if there was a similar mapping for the Midi Fighter Pro. Is the advantage of the pro worth it over getting the Midi Fighter instead?
Kandis Smollen
Originally Posted by willinfluence

I just got screwed on this! I ordered the MF Classic early this morning because they were sold out of the Beat Masher Pro's! I place my order and then later get an email that it was assembled and was sent to be shipped, along with an email that they had a glitch in their store last evening ! WTF! Can somebody help me out?! I hope a MOD see's this!! My Order # is 100000678 for anyone who can help! I e-mailed "orders@" already with my info, but i hope someone gets to this before it's too late!
Ella Rick

Ella Rick
I believe your gonna be waiting a wee while for the Pros
since the second batch have just been sold out in just a few hours

I must of just missed out on a Pro by a couple of minutes or so....shit!
Meg Reinoehl
Neither mapping is necessarily better. The Deckalized mapping is designed to be a complete turntable/CDJ replacement. The MF Pro's mappings are a combination of the Deckalized and Instant Gratification mappings, so while you get the basics of each one, you also lose some of the smaller details that make each of those individual mappings extra powerful.
Rosita Sumwalt
After watching the Midi Fighter Pro in action video again, I get the vibe you can do all the same stuff with the default mapping. Maybe the deckalized is just an easier way to get some of those effects (with less control?). I guess I'm just apprehensive because I haven't seen a slowed down video which breaks down the use of the Midi Fighter Pros
Rosita Sumwalt
Originally Posted by No Left Turn
Technically, you could still use the Classic's Deckalized mapping with the Pro. You might be able to combine the Pro's mapping with the Deckalized mapping. The mappings for the Pro's are actually split up into 2 parts. One part for the faders/knobs/buttons and a second part for the arcade button controls. So you could have both .tsi's imported and just not use the IG+Deckalized mapping the Pro. Make sense? I hope it does.
This makes perfect sense. The scenario you mentioned was actually what I was hoping for. I wanted to be able to maintain the fader control with the deckalized button mapping. That mapping looks to be so much fun, I can't wait to play around with it.

So it sounds like this hasn't been officially tested yet? Is there any reason you see which would make the original mapping for the pro better than the deckalized mapping?

Appreciate your help by the way
Meg Reinoehl
Rosita Sumwalt
By the way, I would have called in and asked. I already called in and asked another question this morning. The person who answered was extremely helpful. I didn't want to bother them again :P

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy