Is there a way to... (mapping inquiry)

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Is there a way to... (mapping inquiry)Reply
Is there a way to... (mapping inquiry)
Posted on: 08.07.2011 by Yuki Homeyer
... map a button on the midi fighter so that when pressed, it simultaneously switches effect 1 of bank 2 to a gater and have it engage at a value of .5?

I've tried to map it so that the controls 'effect 1 select,' 'effect 1 amount,' and 'effect 1 on' to the same button but it takes two button presses to get the effect to work - the first press switches effect 1 of bank 2 to the gater, but the effect does not trigger.

is there a way?
Yuki Homeyer
... map a button on the midi fighter so that when pressed, it simultaneously switches effect 1 of bank 2 to a gater and have it engage at a value of .5?

I've tried to map it so that the controls 'effect 1 select,' 'effect 1 amount,' and 'effect 1 on' to the same button but it takes two button presses to get the effect to work - the first press switches effect 1 of bank 2 to the gater, but the effect does not trigger.

is there a way?
Dana Ordinario
Short answer Yes.

Long answer is you need to figure out what mappings you need to make it work.
Effect Unit 2 On
Effect 1 On FXUnit 2
Effect 1 Select FXUnit2 Gater
Effect 1 Amount FXUnit 2 .5
FX Group Dry/Wet - Whatever amount you want.
FX Panel Mode Group

There could be a few I'm missing but that's basically it. If you need any help may I suggest picking up a copy of the Traktor Bible best money I've ever spent since I started digital DJing.

HTTP://www.TraktorBible.com

I can't stress this enough to people who don't understand mapping. Also read the manual it has some stuff in there on it but not much. Lastly just look at the mapping commands try to figure out what each one does. I come from a coding background so mapping came easy to me. The best way I taught myself was to write down what I wanted it to do and then next to it what commands were needed to do it. I don't work for Rainer and I don't get a big slap on the back anytime I mention his book but it really is THE best resource out there for Traktor. I've read some of the older Traktor books like Ignite Traktor 3 and it was just a repackaged manual and total garbage.

If ya need any other help send me a line.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy