Midi Fighter Midi Implementation

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter Midi ImplementationReply
Midi Fighter Midi Implementation
Posted on: 10.07.2011 by Carita Coito
I am looking to design a MAX patch that implements MIDI through grid control the same way midi fighter does.

To do this, I must learn how midi fighter currently implements MIDI. Where can I find this current information?
Carita Coito
I am looking to design a MAX patch that implements MIDI through grid control the same way midi fighter does.

To do this, I must learn how midi fighter currently implements MIDI. Where can I find this current information?
Carita Coito
I can get the Official MF Mapping for Traktor Pro to work perfectly.

The deckalized mappings are working decently, except for example when I want to jump into sample rejuggle mode -- shift + record -- because my grid is merely a 4x4 midi layout that mirrors the midi fighter but lacks the programming/firmware. The two presses are sent to traktor without any modes switched.

Any ideas how to obtain such functionality?
Carita Coito
I am becoming more familiar with the MIDI fighter firmware update thanks to:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/midifighter/develop

I currently have a 4x4 grid of midi pads, the layout and velocity output the same as MIDI fighter's.

Now I need to figure out how to implement or create a firmware layer so that my 4x4 grid has the same workings as the MIDI Fighter with it's newer firmware update: menu modes, four banks modes, built in super combo's, etc.

If anyone can offer me assistance as to how I can go about accomplishing this, I would greatly appreciate the help.
Carita Coito
I see there is a MIDI Implementation chart here:

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=9960

A question I have: How does the MIDI fighters firmware affect MIDI implementation? I want to account for the firmware's effects on MIDI implementation accordingly so that the Matrix I create has a mapping system that functions exactly like the MIDI fighter's.

All help & direction is appreciated.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy