New guy trying to learn how to do some basic mapping stuff

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: New guy trying to learn how to do some basic mapping stuffReply
New guy trying to learn how to do some basic mapping stuff
Posted on: 16.07.2011 by Joie Cantillon
So yeah, I have a standard midifighter #2256 that I just got wed, now I have a few hours to myself and I'd like to create a mapping that would allow me (in conjunction with my x1) to mess around with a few things, cues (on both decks, maybe a shift function to get a page where the two left columns are deck a and the right columns are deck b perhaps...) and another page where I could mess around with a few effects, the beatslicer, the gater, the beatsmasher, delay and maybe reverb or flanges (but I can do what I'd like to do with the last two with my x1)...what I want is to be able to map a set of parameters (where the knobs are set to...) to each button push and have an on and off for each deck and effect bank...also would like the buttons to automatically turn on and off on push and release for my effects...can anyone help get me started, also I'm not worried at all about led responses...

Thanks
Mike
Joie Cantillon
So yeah, I have a standard midifighter #2256 that I just got wed, now I have a few hours to myself and I'd like to create a mapping that would allow me (in conjunction with my x1) to mess around with a few things, cues (on both decks, maybe a shift function to get a page where the two left columns are deck a and the right columns are deck b perhaps...) and another page where I could mess around with a few effects, the beatslicer, the gater, the beatsmasher, delay and maybe reverb or flanges (but I can do what I'd like to do with the last two with my x1)...what I want is to be able to map a set of parameters (where the knobs are set to...) to each button push and have an on and off for each deck and effect bank...also would like the buttons to automatically turn on and off on push and release for my effects...can anyone help get me started, also I'm not worried at all about led responses...

Thanks
Mike
Joie Cantillon
Audeo I read your thread and it was helpful, though I now have a new Idea (as things tend to go with me lol) I want to essentially make an effect unit out of my Midifighter and as I don't have photoshop (or whatever program people are using to make the layout pictures I have a hard time describing it so I'll try to use text to describe my idea...

Columns 1 2 3 4

Rows
A Deck 1 - Deck 2 -Delay1 - Delay2
B Phaser1 - Phaser2 - Gater1 - Gater2
C Flange1 - Flange2 - BSlice1 - BSlice2
D BSmash1-BSmash2-BSmash3-Bsmash4

I only use 2 Decks mode so the first 2 buttons are what I'd push for Deck A and Deck B though I don't know if I want them to be "hold states" where I push them and they toggle on till i push them again or where it's a situation where I have to hold the button to keep them on though with the effects its all going to be "held" where the effect comes on when I push and off when I release....what I'd like to know is how to set up effects where each different button is a different "value" for the effects for example B3 is a Gater at 1/8 and B4 is at 1/16. Also I'd like to use my X1 for controlling the "knobs" for the beatslicer (for pretty much everything, though I'd like to have a couple of states "readied" for quick changes) and beatsmasher (for reverse and gate), so those (I assume) are going to have to be in effect bank 1 and 2 rather than 3 and 4. Could you get me started, I'm not too worried about the led states, though the previous thread you pointed me at has that pretty much sorted out....

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Venetta Cawyer
Well, if you had taken the time to look around.. you probably would've found something..
I wrote something not many threads ago that should help you:
Need help with custom mapping

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy