change MF(pro) name ?!

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: change MF(pro) name ?!Reply
change MF(pro) name ?!
Posted on: 21.07.2011 by robin loo
hey guys..

is there a way of changing the name of the MF (or better MFpro) so trakor wont show me just 2x Midifighter. this is really confusing having the same name twice for assigning ports..

i believe i read somewhere about it, but search didnt give me anything..
i remember someone saying that you can only change this in the firmware..?!

thanks..

wp
robin loo
Originally Posted by midifidler
This is due to us still using the Atmel VID for the USB interface. We are in the process of registering as a vendor with the USB org, then we will be able to push out firmware updates so the devices are always correctly identified.
how long will this take?
it's a really annoying issue

/edit: wow.. every time i close traktor and start it again, i have to reassign every MF & MFpro port cause they are messed up.. that sucks..
robin loo
Originally Posted by No Left Turn
I recall seeing a mention of this in a thread from a few days ago. IIRC, you have to change it in the firmware and then reflash the MF with the custom firmware so that it has the new name.
hopefully there's another solution or someone just uploads a custom fw with just the name changed? cause i have no clue of changing/compiling this.
robin loo
hey guys..

is there a way of changing the name of the MF (or better MFpro) so trakor wont show me just 2x Midifighter. this is really confusing having the same name twice for assigning ports..

i believe i read somewhere about it, but search didnt give me anything..
i remember someone saying that you can only change this in the firmware..?!

thanks..

wp
Annalee Egerman
I have just been plugging A in first, then B second while traktor is running. It makes it a little easier to figure out what to do because they are ordered in the list.
robin loo
i'll try this. but i doubt it'll work..

S4 on one usb port, a hub with both fighters on the other.. damn you 2usb port macbooks..grr
Danae Dumler
+1 midifidler, glad to hear this is being addressed. In the meantime, folks don't bother messing with the firmware to correct this annoyance; I tried it with the MF classic and while it worked perfectly, Traktor didn't notice or care that I made the name change -- even after restarting and reinstalling, the two midifighters looked the same to traktor and I had to choose them every time. If you want I'll dig up the firmware files that I made the change to, but there's really no point since it didn't work.

However others have had luck just switching around the USB ports the midifighters are plugged into, so see if that works for you in the meantime.
robin loo
Originally Posted by midifidler
This is due to us still using the Atmel VID for the USB interface. We are in the process of registering as a vendor with the USB org, then we will be able to push out firmware updates so the devices are always correctly identified.
how long will this take?
it's a really annoying issue

/edit: wow.. every time i close traktor and start it again, i have to reassign every MF & MFpro port cause they are messed up.. that sucks..
Adolf Hit
Kimberly Lewark
Currently, this requires the firmware to be changed. Also, the OS and/or Traktor seem to cache the name sometimes, so even after changing it, it may not show up different (at least, not right away, it may take a reboot - I'm not sure though, have not tried it).

Anyway, there is a new update tool on the way, so the ability to change the Midifighter name is something that may be included.
robin loo
Originally Posted by No Left Turn
I recall seeing a mention of this in a thread from a few days ago. IIRC, you have to change it in the firmware and then reflash the MF with the custom firmware so that it has the new name.
hopefully there's another solution or someone just uploads a custom fw with just the name changed? cause i have no clue of changing/compiling this.
Meg Reinoehl

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy