Will instant gratification mapping eat up my current mapping?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Will instant gratification mapping eat up my current mapping?Reply
Will instant gratification mapping eat up my current mapping?
Posted on: 23.07.2011 by Lavenia Bencze
I thought about buying a midifighter and looked at the video for the instant gratification mapping.
That looked awsome so I downloaded it to take a look at the mapping. Without doing an in-depth look at it, I notised that it featured 8 modes.

Does this mean I can't combine that mapping with the one I use for my controller without making af mess of the mode buttons I have for my controller?

DJJJ
Lavenia Bencze
I thought about buying a midifighter and looked at the video for the instant gratification mapping.
That looked awsome so I downloaded it to take a look at the mapping. Without doing an in-depth look at it, I notised that it featured 8 modes.

Does this mean I can't combine that mapping with the one I use for my controller without making af mess of the mode buttons I have for my controller?

DJJJ
Tatum Ansaldo
Each mapping has its own set of modifiers and they don't affect each other. Nothing to worry about.
Lavenia Bencze
But if my controller uses M1 M2 M5 and if the MIDI fighter mapping uses all 8, how can they co-exist?
Cliff Lohman
I believe the only thing you risk having altered is your effects settings granted you make sure you only have effects selected when you import the tsi.

See my only other thread called 'complete newbie instructions..'. If you follow the instructions there (or at least the subset of instructions that are applicable to you) then your only going to have your effects settings overwritten.

In a nutshell, you need to.1. Add a controller using the controller device - add - import button (not the main import button next to setup wizard on bottom)
2. Then import the tsi again but this time use that main import button and just make sure you deselect everything except for effects here (basically this is the screen where you risk changing your current settings so make sure to deselect everythimg else). Fyi, you likely need to import in this manner two or three times until the effects stick properly.

Hope this helps? If you are trying to merge your current effects settings with the inst grat effects settings, i dont believe its possible and its def not going to be easy. You must overwrite your effects settings. But other than that, you can just deselect all the other crap in the tsi.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy