Midi Fighter 4 Banks - Can other FX be used???

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter 4 Banks - Can other FX be used???Reply
Midi Fighter 4 Banks - Can other FX be used???
Posted on: 18.06.2011 by Sadie Steager
Hi Guys,

Wow, my 1 midi fighter is doing the job and now I'm looking at using the second one for add on stuff.

QUESTION:

Midi Fighter using 4 banks mode.
Will this still allow me to program additional effects or settings to my effects on the knobs on the S4.

In other words:
Can I turn my effects knobs into super knobs even if the midi fighter uses 4 banks effects.

I just saw now that adding the second midi fighter and trying the LEARN button has no effect. It's not learning anything. (It's dumb -LOL)

Thanks
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by DJStone
Hi Guys,

Wow, my 1 midi fighter is doing the job and now I'm looking at using the second one for add on stuff.

QUESTION:

Will this still allow me to program additional effects or settings to my effects on the knobs on the S4.

In other words:
Can I turn my effects knobs into super knobs even if the midi fighter uses 4 banks effects.

I just saw now that adding the second midi fighter and trying the LEARN button has no effect. It's not learning anything. (It's dumb -LOL)

Thanks
Sorry i dont know the exact answer here but i do know that if you leave traktor in 4 effect mode in prefs, you can definitely change the effects in each chain. But remember how traktor works when your in 4 effect mode.. You can only use the left 2 effects on deck a, c and right 2 effects on deck b, d.

So you can change the effects and then use your s4 knobs and buttons to control as usual in traktor 4 effect mode. You cannot (to my knowledge) use the midifighter in conjunction with the s4 knobs out of the box. Im sure you could make complex modifiers to make them work together but its too daunting for me to comprehend right now as im only 4 months into traktor. Out of the box, as soon as you hit a midifighter button, it changes the effect back to the mapping value effect and parameter. So its one or the other at a time but fairly easy to toggle between the two.

I have a somewhat related question - i like using traktor 2 effect mode because you can apply left and right effects to deck a and b at same time. Is there any trick out there to allow me to toggle between 4 effect mode for midifghter use and 2 effect mode for s4 use? A hotkey macro or something?

Kev
Sadie Steager
Hi Guys,

QUESTION:

In other words:

Thanks
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by DJStone
Hi Guys,

QUESTION:

In other words:

Thanks
Sorry i dont know the exact answer here but i do know that if you leave traktor in 4 effect mode in prefs, you can definitely change the effects in each chain. But remember how traktor works when your in 4 effect mode.. You can only use the left 2 effects on deck a, c and right 2 effects on deck b, d.

So you can change the effects and then use your s4 knobs and buttons to control as usual in traktor 4 effect mode. You cannot (to my knowledge) use the midifighter in conjunction with the s4 knobs out of the box. Im sure you could make complex modifiers to make them work together but its too daunting for me to comprehend right now as im only 4 months into traktor. Out of the box, as soon as you hit a midifighter button, it changes the effect back to the mapping value effect and parameter. So its one or the other at a time but fairly easy to toggle between the two.

I have a somewhat related question - i like using traktor 2 effect mode because you can apply left and right effects to deck a and b at same time. Is there any trick out there to allow me to toggle between 4 effect mode for midifghter use and 2 effect mode for s4 use? A hotkey macro or something?

Kev

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy