A refund!! (where to go?)

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: A refund!! (where to go?)Reply
A refund!! (where to go?)
Posted on: 06.08.2011 by Grant Tarvin
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Slettig
When I got the midi fighter, I loaded the MFP beatmasher mapping to my mac...

Went to "controller manager", and added the mappings under the Traktor Kontrol s4 default, mapping. (saw Ean do this in his s4 tutorial video).
That's loading the default S4 user mapping. You need to do that after you use the big import button in controller manager to import the Midi Fighter mapping you want to use.

There are three midi mappings to select from now
MF Pro deck speck
MF Pro Focus
MF Pro Focus AB

Which one do I select?
What has to be done/altered with the midi before I can use these mappings?

Furthermore...

Ean uses the beatmasher in "Creating amazing buildups" video...I was told he uses "Deck + IG mapping" in this.

Select the mapping you want to use and when it's the one that's visible in the controller manual make sure the in/out orts are set to Midi Fighter. Also look at the pictures in the album I posted and make sure the effects are in that order.

I've learned a lot in the last month, believe me, but I can not BELIEVE how much intricacy there is to all of this. It's absolutely incredible, but I want to punch it in the nuts at the same time. Please help me...I'll dedicate my first track in your name!
Not as easy as it looks huh? Now days it seems like learning to beatmatch has been replaced with RTFM.
Grant Tarvin
Leeanna Ayla
Glad you got it sorted.
Random X
So... still want that refund?

Glad you've sorted it out. Enjoy this cool new setup!
Grant Tarvin
Thanks for the help!!! I got it working, just needed a point in the right direction.
Gilma Marchini
Holy shitstorm batman! Goodluck fixing this, I've never had (big) problems with my controllers.
Leeanna Ayla

Went to "controller manager", and added the mappings under the Traktor Kontrol s4 default, mapping. (saw Ean do this in his s4 tutorial video).
That's loading the default S4 user mapping. You need to do that after you use the big import button in controller manager to import the Midi Fighter mapping you want to use.

MF Pro deck speck
MF Pro Focus
MF Pro Focus AB

Which one do I select?

Furthermore...

Ean uses the beatmasher in "Creating amazing buildups" video...I was told he uses "Deck + IG mapping" in this.

Select the mapping you want to use and when it's the one that's visible in the controller manual make sure the in/out orts are set to Midi Fighter. Also look at the pictures in the album I posted and make sure the effects are in that order.

I've learned a lot in the last month, believe me, but I can not BELIEVE how much intricacy there is to all of this. It's absolutely incredible, but I want to punch it in the nuts at the same time. Please help me...I'll dedicate my first track in your name!
Not as easy as it looks huh? Now days it seems like learning to beatmatch has been replaced with RTFM.
Grant Tarvin
Thank you!

Hey Photo...thanks for writing back, let me tell you the situation so far. Please bear with me...

I'm running Traktor Pro 2 with an S4 controller, and a midi fighter pro beatmasher.

The Pro2 + s4 together alone, beauty...Love it!

**The MFP out of the box...I only know how to plug it in...that's where my knowledge stops.**

How do I set it up? What buttons do I push, don't push??

The effects thing that you mentioned, huh?

MF Pro deck speck
MF Pro Focus
MF Pro Focus AB

Which one do I select?

Furthermore...

How do I load and use this mapping on my midi, because...it's siiiiiiiiick!!! I want to be able to do the same stuff. After all, it's why I bought this bad ass buttoned box.

Leeanna Ayla
Since I know nothing about your problem I'll start at the beginning. Have you loaded the mapping twice restarting Traktor between each time? Did you set the in/out ports to the Midi Fighter? Have you upgraded to T2? Have you chacked that your effects are in the correct order? http://www.djranking s.com/community /album.php?albumid=34 What hardware are you using? Please tell us exactly what's happening and we'll try and sort you out.
Grant Tarvin
Can you just help me out? I'm begging at this point...I've spent evening s reading community s, watching vague videos, and experimenting with my software/hardware, only to crash or glitch it. I've ran into more walls than progressive steps.

I just want to get on my gear and make some music...have fun! This isn't fun for me anymore.

Sorry for the bombs.
Random X
You'd better start prancing Slettig, or I'll just have to call you danseresje.

Cut down on the f- word. This still is an all ages community . I know it's crazy, but there should be a reasonable explanation for this all to happen.

Be glad that your/the 'service' only took two weeks, it took my S4 a little bit longer to arrive. (Though I did not wine about it, to have it waiting in customs for a few more weeks).

By the way, since when is "oh, follow this link" not helping out? Strange perception you got going on there.

I do agree, some things can be a bit tedious to start off with. But I'm still believeing, if you believe this is bad, wait till you start DJ-ing with vinyl.
(Bit more of a steeper curve going on there, would you constantly drop the f word to technics and these fanboys?)

Just deal with it, if you want a refund, don't bother knocking on the community , just contact the guys from the shop directly.
They will be more than eager to tell you what's up.

And new hobbies take time, take it easy on it, or you will never get to enjoy it.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy