Mapping for 2 decks with more effects suggestions?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Mapping for 2 decks with more effects suggestions?Reply
Mapping for 2 decks with more effects suggestions?
Posted on: 07.08.2011 by Cliff Lohman
Hi,

I find myself using effects mostly on deck a + b at the moment and use deck c+ d exclusively for running loops/samples. Anybody have a suggestion for a mapping similar to instant gratification but which would give me 2 more banks/pages of different effects for decks a + b (essentially eliminating the effects for deck c + d)?

Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Thnx
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by photojojo
Ha, I was playing with that mapping yesterday. I deleted the transport stuff and added LED feedback for the cues.
NLF, this is exactly what i was looking for. Thanks!!

Photojojo, any chance i can get the led modified one?

Also, what do you guys believe of the mf and s4 buddy companion tsi? Is it similar to this? I was a little confused by it where it lists all those buttons like 'effects pg 1', 'effects pg 2', etc. Does that mean its a 'clean slate' and one should just map their favorite efx to it themselves? Or is it the inst grat mappings on there? Which one do you guys like better? The NLF mapping or the mf/s4 buddy mapping?

Kev
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by No Left Turn
I made a mapping like this a few months ago. Check it out and see if it works for you. http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...1&postcount=15
Ha, I was playing with that mapping yesterday. I deleted the transport stuff and added LED feedback for the cues.
Cliff Lohman
As previously mentioned, the first thing you'll want to do is simply not use the Instant Gratification mappings for C + D. You can either delete them, or just unassign the MIDI Fighter from them.

For banks C/D (or 3/4) on the MIDI Fighter, you can definitely remap those buttons to control cue points. There's no reason why you won't be able to. If you are still using Banks A/B for Instant Gratification, you can then remap Bank C to be cue points 1-8 for both deck A and maybe include a shift button so that you can delete cue points if need be and then Bank D for the same for Deck D.

I made a mapping like this a few months ago. Check it out and see if it works for you. http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...1&postcount=15
Thanks I'll check it out
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by Brinx
Why dont you map the pages for deck c & d to trigger the samples and loops instead of fx then?

So you would have two banks of instant g. (a + b) and 2 banks (c & d) of sample triggering and loop control?
Im pretty comfortable with the s4 setup for loops and sample triggering.. What do you believe the benefit is of using the mf for this? Just better button feel and responsiveness?

Since it doesnt seem like theres an easy way to add more effects, i wouldnt mind using it for cuepoints. I could have swore that i saw somewhere that for some reason you cant use the mf classic for cuepoints. I believe it was in a thread where somebody was complaining about 'why do i need the mf pro cuemaster? Because the classic doesnt let u map tp cuepoint triggering'. Cant seem to find the thread tho.. Am i misinformed or is it possible to setup cuepoints 5-8 for decks a b c + d on one of the midifighter banks?

Thnx
Cliff Lohman
Hi,

I find myself using effects mostly on deck a + b at the moment and use deck c+ d exclusively for running loops/samples. Anybody have a suggestion for a mapping similar to instant gratification but which would give me 2 more banks/pages of different effects for decks a + b (essentially eliminating the effects for deck c + d)?

Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Thnx
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by photojojo
NLF, this is exactly what i was looking for. Thanks!!

Photojojo, any chance i can get the led modified one?

Also, what do you guys believe of the mf and s4 buddy companion tsi? Is it similar to this? I was a little confused by it where it lists all those buttons like 'effects pg 1', 'effects pg 2', etc. Does that mean its a 'clean slate' and one should just map their favorite efx to it themselves? Or is it the inst grat mappings on there? Which one do you guys like better? The NLF mapping or the mf/s4 buddy mapping?

Kev
Leeanna Ayla
Cliff Lohman
As previously mentioned, the first thing you'll want to do is simply not use the Instant Gratification mappings for C + D. You can either delete them, or just unassign the MIDI Fighter from them.

For banks C/D (or 3/4) on the MIDI Fighter, you can definitely remap those buttons to control cue points. There's no reason why you won't be able to. If you are still using Banks A/B for Instant Gratification, you can then remap Bank C to be cue points 1-8 for both deck A and maybe include a shift button so that you can delete cue points if need be and then Bank D for the same for Deck D.

Thanks I'll check it out
Meg Reinoehl

Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by Brinx
Why dont you map the pages for deck c & d to trigger the samples and loops instead of fx then?

So you would have two banks of instant g. (a + b) and 2 banks (c & d) of sample triggering and loop control?
Im pretty comfortable with the s4 setup for loops and sample triggering.. What do you believe the benefit is of using the mf for this? Just better button feel and responsiveness?

Since it doesnt seem like theres an easy way to add more effects, i wouldnt mind using it for cuepoints. I could have swore that i saw somewhere that for some reason you cant use the mf classic for cuepoints. I believe it was in a thread where somebody was complaining about 'why do i need the mf pro cuemaster? Because the classic doesnt let u map tp cuepoint triggering'. Cant seem to find the thread tho.. Am i misinformed or is it possible to setup cuepoints 5-8 for decks a b c + d on one of the midifighter banks?

Thnx
Lakeisha Allaway

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy