Midi Fighter Pros...the issues.

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter Pros...the issues.Reply
Midi Fighter Pros...the issues.
Posted on: 12.08.2011 by Grant Tarvin
Hey, so I finally got my MFP to work, literally after a little more than a month. I can proudly say that I did most of it on my own through trial and error; error winning mostly. It's been a little more than a week now that I've had it working and I'm just trying to see if there have been any updates on tech support. When I was going through my ordeal, there was honestly close to no help, with the exception of the help from many of you; much appreciated.

I believe the main issue is the firmware. I screwed mine up and had to send it to San Fran to get fixed, worst three weeks of my life. I've talked to a few people about their MFP problems, and it seems that this issue comes up the most. PLEASE, let's get something out there that can literally hold somebody's hand and walk them through a brief instruction community , or a video. In my case, I'm new to the DJ scene, and like all of you, so were you at one time, so it's difficult and extremely frustrating when you can't find help.

Thanks for reading, I'm just trying to help.
robin loo
Originally Posted by willinfluence
Oh you got a mapping for your cuemaster, what's the difference compared to the ranking s Cuemaster mapping
nothing fancy. just cuepoints, play, pause, sync and a still free button in 4 banks mode for all 4 decks.
juggeling some powertools and loops with the DJTT fader mapping and the MFclassic with the 4banks IG mapping..

Also I wonder when there gonna release the mapping for XX fader,
I wouldn't mind trying my MF pro vertically
hell yeah..
Ella Rick
Originally Posted by Slettig
Nice! Any idea when all these will be available?
I'm not sure, hopefully very soon...midifidler is the man to ask,
if you do ask him let me know the answer also
Leeanna Ayla
I believe the main issue is the firmware. I screwed mine up and had to send it to San Fran to get fixed, worst three weeks of my life. I've talked to a few people about their MFP problems, and it seems that this issue comes up the most.

What issue? Are you talking about flashing the Midi Fighter Pro with the Midi Fighter Classic firmware?

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=33914
Grant Tarvin
Hey, so I finally got my MFP to work, literally after a little more than a month. I can proudly say that I did most of it on my own through trial and error; error winning mostly. It's been a little more than a week now that I've had it working and I'm just trying to see if there have been any updates on tech support. When I was going through my ordeal, there was honestly close to no help, with the exception of the help from many of you; much appreciated.

I believe the main issue is the firmware. I screwed mine up and had to send it to San Fran to get fixed, worst three weeks of my life. I've talked to a few people about their MFP problems, and it seems that this issue comes up the most. PLEASE, let's get something out there that can literally hold somebody's hand and walk them through a brief instruction community , or a video. In my case, I'm new to the DJ scene, and like all of you, so were you at one time, so it's difficult and extremely frustrating when you can't find help.

Thanks for reading, I'm just trying to help.
robin loo
Oh you got a mapping for your cuemaster, what's the difference compared to the ranking s Cuemaster mapping
nothing fancy. just cuepoints, play, pause, sync and a still free button in 4 banks mode for all 4 decks.
juggeling some powertools and loops with the DJTT fader mapping and the MFclassic with the 4banks IG mapping..

hell yeah..
Ella Rick
Really, that's shit

Unless you ask midifidler real nice he may give you the new firmware.
Or you will have to wait until it's officially released in a week or so

On the new firmware release the new stuff
A fix so there is a better way to use MF in menu mode,
A fix so you don't have to manually put MF in bootloader mode
A fix so if you have multiple MFs they would show up as separate MFs

Don't quote me on these, but that's what midifidler has mention when I ask him about the updater MF pro firmware

You could still use both of your MF's just plug in your MF pro first assign the Mappings then your MF classic

robin loo
i got a cuemaster from the 2nd batch too.. but it says just midifighter...

are there major differences in the new FW? cause i got a gig friday and saturday evening and want to use the new FW (due to the name change).. fyi: got my own mapping on the Pro..
Ella Rick
Oh forgot to say that my MF Pro was from the second batch,
Don't know if that's connected to your problem or not
Ella Rick
Yeah he said that the new updater for MF Pros will be out in a week or so,
There will be a fix for the correct names showing up in the control manager
also a new firmware will be out inconjunction with the updater

Me personally have had no problems with the MF Pro working along side my MF classic

Cuemaster shows up in the control manager as MF Pro Cuemaster
and my classic shows up as midifighter
robin loo
midifidler.. will there be a update to the MFpro fw? there need to be another name for the pro instead of midifighter.. makes playing with a classic and a pro a total mess..
Ella Rick
Yeah of course, looking forward to the release
Adolf Hit
I don't want to commit to a hard date as I do not want to release it before it is 100% good to go, however I expect to release it late next week.
Ella Rick
I'm not sure, hopefully very soon...midifidler is the man to ask,
if you do ask him let me know the answer also
Leeanna Ayla
I believe the main issue is the firmware. I screwed mine up and had to send it to San Fran to get fixed, worst three weeks of my life. I've talked to a few people about their MFP problems, and it seems that this issue comes up the most.

What issue? Are you talking about flashing the Midi Fighter Pro with the Midi Fighter Classic firmware?

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=33914
Grant Tarvin
Ella Rick
I believe there's going to be a new firmware release soon,
so you can use the new updater when that's released also
some nice fixes to the menu mode for easier use and a few other nice features

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy