Combining MIDI Fighter Pro mappings w/ Classic

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Combining MIDI Fighter Pro mappings w/ ClassicReply
Combining MIDI Fighter Pro mappings w/ Classic
Posted on: 13.08.2011 by Meg Reinoehl
Hey all,

Since the release of the MIDI Fighter Pros, there's been a lot of talk about using some of the MIDI Fighter Classic mappings alongside the mappings for the Pros (i.e., Instant Gratification for the arcade buttons and then the stock Pro mapping for the faders). I just thought of a clever way for how to combine the mappings together. Not sure how much time I'll have for the rest of the weekend to work on it, but I'm hoping to have something for you guys to check out sometime this week.
Archie Ynoa
Originally Posted by No Left Turn
This mapping is so close to being ready to post. All of the functionality is done, there's just some rearranging of a couple things that needs to be done. This should be ready for download tomorrow evening .

How is the mapping coming along? I've been watching this post since the very beginning, this is exactly what I'll been waiting for!!!! Please keep us updated on the progress!
Griselda Eginton
I'm almost done with the mapping. Just need to add the super combos to FX Preset 4 and we'll be in business.
Awesome, let us know where/when we could download this mapping. Seperate question: Where can I find the seperate .tsi file for JUST the beatmasher faders/knob? I can't seem to find two seperate mappings, just one for the entire controller.
robin loo
The problem that I found when using the Instant Gratification mappings along with the MIDI Fighter Pro mapping is that when you want to use the IG FX, you have to press the button twice before it will actually take effect. So what I'm doing is mapping all of the IG FX to FX Preset 4 on the MIDI Fighter Pro. Hit preset 4 and start button mashing. Hit any of the other preset buttons to go nuts with the super faders.

I'm almost done with the mapping. Just need to add the super combos to FX Preset 4 and we'll be in business.
yeah, cause traktor needs one push for loading the fx, one for activating.. your idea is a good workaround..

Originally Posted by rutierut
What about 4 banks mode on mf pro's is that posible
yes 4banks mode doesnt affect the fader mapping..
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by weltraumpapst
the mapping for the Pros contains actually 2 tsis. one for the faders and 4 small buttons and one for the arcade buttons. so you can load the classic IG mapping and the pro fader mapping together or just make your own arcade button mapping and use the stock fader mapping (as i did)
The problem that I found when using the Instant Gratification mappings along with the MIDI Fighter Pro mapping is that when you want to use the IG FX, you have to press the button twice before it will actually take effect. So what I'm doing is mapping all of the IG FX to FX Preset 4 on the MIDI Fighter Pro. Hit preset 4 and start button mashing. Hit any of the other preset buttons to go nuts with the super faders.

Meg Reinoehl
Hey all,

Since the release of the MIDI Fighter Pros, there's been a lot of talk about using some of the MIDI Fighter Classic mappings alongside the mappings for the Pros (i.e., Instant Gratification for the arcade buttons and then the stock Pro mapping for the faders). I just thought of a clever way for how to combine the mappings together. Not sure how much time I'll have for the rest of the weekend to work on it, but I'm hoping to have something for you guys to check out sometime this week.
Meg Reinoehl
http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...d.php?p=338203
Archie Ynoa
i use A/B.... but it would be awesome to use it just like the instant gradification mapping!!!
Meg Reinoehl
Sorry for the delay, life was busier than expected last week. I should have the mapping ready to be posted by tomorrow.

Secondary question... which versions of the MIDI Fighter Pro mapping are people using? Focus AB? Focus ABCD? Deck focused?
Archie Ynoa
This mapping is so close to being ready to post. All of the functionality is done, there's just some rearranging of a couple things that needs to be done. This should be ready for download tomorrow evening .

How is the mapping coming along? I've been watching this post since the very beginning, this is exactly what I'll been waiting for!!!! Please keep us updated on the progress!
Reid Capulin
where is the mapping at?
Vicente Feldberg
I would like to use your mappings if they are done. ;d
Meg Reinoehl
Meg Reinoehl
@rutierut... yes, this will be a 4banks mapping

@kong... there aren't 2 .tsi files. When you import the .tsi, you'll see 2 mappings (is this the right term?). One called Beatmasher that's for the faders and another called Decks+IG that's for the buttons. You just import the .tsi and then assign both "mappings" to the MIDI Fighter ports.
Griselda Eginton
Awesome, let us know where/when we could download this mapping. Seperate question: Where can I find the seperate .tsi file for JUST the beatmasher faders/knob? I can't seem to find two seperate mappings, just one for the entire controller.
robin loo

yeah, cause traktor needs one push for loading the fx, one for activating.. your idea is a good workaround..

Originally Posted by rutierut
yes 4banks mode doesnt affect the fader mapping..
Era Roka
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by weltraumpapst
the mapping for the Pros contains actually 2 tsis. one for the faders and 4 small buttons and one for the arcade buttons. so you can load the classic IG mapping and the pro fader mapping together or just make your own arcade button mapping and use the stock fader mapping (as i did)

robin loo
Era Roka
Let us know!

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy