MIDI FIGHTER Banks switch alternative

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MIDI FIGHTER Banks switch alternativeReply
MIDI FIGHTER Banks switch alternative
Posted on: 19.08.2011 by Carmelia Rosana
Hey Guys,
i have a Question. is there a possible way to switch through the 4 banks without having to hit the banks buttons?
i have my four banks set up with cuepoints, loops, effects and stuff, and i want it to automatically jump to bank 1 when i load a new track.....
any ideas?
Kimberly Lewark
Originally Posted by awesa
@ weltraumpapst
bist du die signatur-polizei? in der sig-preview wird der auch nicht angezeigt. wieso gibts dann
Kimberly Lewark
@ weltraumpapst
bist du die signatur-polizei? in der sig-preview wird der auch nicht angezeigt. wieso gibts dann
Kimberly Lewark
@ weltraumpapst
Kimberly Lewark
@ weltraumpapst
Kimberly Lewark
@ weltraumpapst
Kimberly Lewark
@ weltraumpapst
Kimberly Lewark
@ weltraumpapst
Kimberly Lewark
@ weltraumpapst
Kimberly Lewark
@ weltraumpapst
Kimberly Lewark
@ weltraumpapst
Kimberly Lewark
@ weltraumpapst
robin loo
@fatlimey:
cool, but what are the bank change midi notes? or would you guys have to implement that?

@ weltraumpapst
Carmelia Rosana
@fatlimey:
cool, but what are the bank change midi notes? or would you guys have to implement that?

@ weltraumpapst
Kimberly Lewark
@ weltraumpapst
Carmelia Rosana
Originally Posted by Fatlimey
Bank change notes are notes 0..3, combo triggers are 8..15
is it notes or CC (in traktor)? and on which channel please?
sam
robin loo
@fatlimey:

@ weltraumpapst
robert chanda
@fatlimey:

There's a full MIDI map spreadsheet we use internally that we'll release at some point when all the secrets on it are public.
Carmelia Rosana
@fatlimey:

@ weltraumpapst
Kimberly Lewark
You know, I believe we missed that. There's no way from MIDI to switch banks, but it sounds like sending the Bank Change MIDI notes should do that for you.

I'll take that as a feature request...
This is a great idea! I had thought of adding it as a separate program (something to add to the updater perhaps) but it does make a lot of sense to use the bank change MIDI commands, so any program which can generate them can be used!
Carmelia Rosana
Hey Guys,
i have a Question. is there a possible way to switch through the 4 banks without having to hit the banks buttons?
i have my four banks set up with cuepoints, loops, effects and stuff, and i want it to automatically jump to bank 1 when i load a new track.....
any ideas?
Kimberly Lewark
@ weltraumpapst
Carmelia Rosana
is it notes or CC (in traktor)? and on which channel please?
sam
robin loo
@fatlimey:

@ weltraumpapst
robert chanda
@fatlimey:

There's a full MIDI map spreadsheet we use internally that we'll release at some point when all the secrets on it are public.
Carmelia Rosana
@fatlimey:

@ weltraumpapst
Kimberly Lewark
You know, I believe we missed that. There's no way from MIDI to switch banks, but it sounds like sending the Bank Change MIDI notes should do that for you.

This is a great idea! I had thought of adding it as a separate program (something to add to the updater perhaps) but it does make a lot of sense to use the bank change MIDI commands, so any program which can generate them can be used!
robin loo
please remove the soundcloud player in your sig..
robert chanda

Carmelia Rosana
I should have been a lil clearer, i guess. i do have the extra buttons all wired up and installed, im just looking for a way to switch trough the banks on the software end (i.e. in the traktor controller settings). for example, when i load a track into deck A, my traktor automatically sets the deck focus on A. id like to controll the banks like this too.......
robert chanda
4banks external?

Connect 4 switches to the digital expansion pins and ground. Go to MEnu mode and enable 4banks external mode. Now you have all 16 buttons available, and 4 external bank switches. Now you can make a cool case for your new extra buttons.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy