Midi Fighter Pro and Ableton?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter Pro and Ableton?Reply
Midi Fighter Pro and Ableton?
Posted on: 16.06.2011 by Tangela Pawluk
Hey guys,

I just got my new Midi Fighter!!

It works awesome with Traktor but I would also like to hook it up with ableton. When i plug it in and open ableton, the buttons, faders and rotaries all play a different note of a keyboard. I'm trying to map it with specific clips and other things but it doesn't allow me to do that...

Does anyone know what is going on..?

Cheers.
Lakeisha Allaway
Originally Posted by awesa
hey, im trying this too. ableton says it is receiving midi signals from my midi fighter, but when i try to do the midi learn, it doesnt register any actions :S
as which controller do i have to put the midi fighter in the midi setup menu in ableton?
Make sure your midifighter is set to remote on the midi in menu!
That should do the trick.
Tangela Pawluk
Hey guys,

I just got my new Midi Fighter!!

It works awesome with Traktor but I would also like to hook it up with ableton. When i plug it in and open ableton, the buttons, faders and rotaries all play a different note of a keyboard. I'm trying to map it with specific clips and other things but it doesn't allow me to do that...

Does anyone know what is going on..?

Cheers.
Yuki Homeyer
good thread - having a similar problem, except I am trying to utilize my midifighter pro as a controller for Reason 5. When I attempt to load up the controller, (with the manufacturer set to <other>) it finds the midifighter midi-port, but when I try to select it, it says that it is in use by another application and this prevents me from using it. Any suggestions?
Lakeisha Allaway
Originally Posted by awesa
hey, im trying this too. ableton says it is receiving midi signals from my midi fighter, but when i try to do the midi learn, it doesnt register any actions :S
as which controller do i have to put the midi fighter in the midi setup menu in ableton?
Make sure your midifighter is set to remote on the midi in menu!
That should do the trick.
Carmelia Rosana
Tatum Ansaldo
No worries, have fun.
Tangela Pawluk
Ahh awesome!

Thanks heaps! Working perfectly now
Tatum Ansaldo
You need to enable it as a controller in the midi preferences I believe. Not at home now so I can't tell you exactly how. Then you press the midi button in the top right so all the controls light up blue in the GUI, click a control (ie a clip) then press a button on the MF, then press the midi button again and it should work.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy