MF Deckalized InstaFX Mapping

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF Deckalized InstaFX MappingReply
MF Deckalized InstaFX Mapping
Posted on: 31.01.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
Hey guys,

This is a mapping I made a while ago based on the Deckalized Focus mapping (http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=14435) that replaced all the Tempo controls on the bottom row of buttons with Instant FX buttons. I used it with my VCI and never had any use for the Tempo control buttons. I figured it's worth sharing.

Once I have some time, I'll try to make a proper visual layout but for now, here's what it does in essence:

Each Button on the Bottom Row will trigger an effect and then once you hold that button, the adjacent buttons adjust the rate of the effect (the buttons to the right make it go up in value, buttons to the left go down in value). You can only use one of the effects at a time because once you push one, the other buttons change to be rate adjustments. Try it out and you'll see.

Other than that,
Shift+Sync = Deck Focus -
&
Shift+Cue = Deck Focus +

The rest is Deckalized. I just figured it was worth posting because while I used to have ideas of improving this mapping, I never got around to it but I gave it to some friends that use it, so it's worthy of the community at least.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by soeGG
I believe this mapping is still the best for my needs. Still I would like to see the bottom row from the "Instant Gratification Mapping" and the super combos added to this mapping.

Hope you will give it a go :-) And thank you for the mapping!
First of all, I'm quite glad people like this mapping. I really never liked the Tempo controls on the bottom of the typical MF mappings (because I use the MF in addition to a VCI-100) so I was always believeing of ways to get more power out of it.

But to answer your guys' questions about adding Supercombos to the InstaFX mapping. Yes, it can be done. I am working on the Deckalized and Instant Grat merge which is going better than expected so I would wait for that. However, if after that people still like the InstaFX design I would then probably set aside some time to modify it to improve it a bit and add Supercombos.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Jergo
hey i was just wondering what the new effects in place of the pitch/tempo buttons were ? and perhaps maybe a jpeg of the mapping?
They are currently (from L to R): Slicer, Gater, Digital Lofi, and Reverse Grain. The Slicer is an advanced effect in FX bank 3 and the others are all chained/grouped effects in FX bank 1.

However, I tried to comment it so that it would be easy to change the effects and amount values. If you sort the tsi by comments, you will want to look at the lines with "InstaFX..."

The main reason I haven't made a pic layout yet is that I can't find the illustrator file we used to create the layout for the deckalized mapping and the original mf mapping. Once I find that, it'll be easy. I just don't want to recreate it all and besides the InstaFX on the bottom row, it is almost exactly like the Deckalized focus.
Evangeline Abraha
Looking forward to trying this one out. Nice work Flashflooder !!

Originally Posted by flashflooder
Hey guys,

This is a mapping I made a while ago based on the Deckalized Focus mapping (http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=14435) that replaced all the Tempo controls on the bottom row of buttons with Instant FX buttons. I used it with my VCI and never had any use for the Tempo control buttons. I figured it's worth sharing.

Once I have some time, I'll try to make a proper visual layout but for now, here's what it does in essence:

Each Button on the Bottom Row will trigger an effect and then once you hold that button, the adjacent buttons adjust the rate of the effect (the buttons to the right make it go up in value, buttons to the left go down in value). You can only use one of the effects at a time because once you push one, the other buttons change to be rate adjustments. Try it out and you'll see.

Other than that,
&
Shift+Cue = Deck Focus +

The rest is Deckalized. I just figured it was worth posting because while I used to have ideas of improving this mapping, I never got around to it but I gave it to some friends that use it, so it's worthy of the community at least.
Cruz Raz
Originally Posted by StarS
Go to controller manager, choose Midifighter in Device row. Than you should find 1 of 4 rows called "Effect 1 Amount" and change the value in "Button options" to the value you want.
Ah okay! Thanks :-)
Laraine Manzano
Can you explain how and where to change those values? I've looked in the TSI-file, but I couldn't locate it...

Thanks.
Go to controller manager, choose Midifighter in Device row. Than you should find 1 of 4 rows called "Effect 1 Amount" and change the value in "Button options" to the value you want.
Cruz Raz
Great modified mapping! Well done!
I had never used midifighter`s tempo controls too - jogwheels are much convenient.
I noticed that values of "effect 1 amount" (i mean gater effect) for four bottom buttons was 0.3, 0.5, 0.625, 0.775. I changed it to 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1, because the values 0.625 and 0.775 are same.
Can you explain how and where to change those values? I've looked in the TSI-file, but I couldn't locate it...

Thanks.
Tatum Ansaldo
But if people like this mapping, I can make it just go between Decks A/B and bring back Drop Cue as the Cue Shift function.
I'd like that if you have time!
Scarlett Saupp
hey i was just wondering what the new effects in place of the pitch/tempo buttons were ? and perhaps maybe a jpeg of the mapping?
Read flashflooder's first post. He'll do it when/if he gets time.
Jodi Lacerra
I had never used midifighter`s tempo controls too - jogwheels are much convenient.
I noticed that values of "effect 1 amount" (i mean gater effect) for four bottom buttons was 0.3, 0.5, 0.625, 0.775. I changed it to 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1, because the values 0.625 and 0.775 are same.
Great call! This was one of the main reasons I had waited to post this mapping in the community (and then it sat around on my computer gaining virtual dust for long enough that I figured I should just post it anyways). I wanted to refine all of the amount values to tailor them to the effects (I was going to experiment more with other effects too).

Anyways, that's great input, except I believe that the .5 and .625 are the values that result in the same Gater sound. But yeah, hopefully the comments make it easy enough to alter and if there becomes enough of a consensus for different values/effects I can easily redo the mapping and repost it.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by itajeN
I don't use Deck C or D, how would I go about taking them off my focus lineup? Just edit the TSI right?
Yeah, you'll just have to make some changes to the lines controlling the Deck Focus in the tsi. I can take a look at the tsi later to explain what exactly to edit, but I believe I also did this a while back somewhere on the original Deckalized thread. Although, this is slightly different because you can scroll each way.

Either way, I didn't believe it was as big a deal on this one since I mapped in Deck Focus+ and Deck Focus- buttons that you can use to just go back and forth between Decks A and B without having to scroll through all 4 decks.

But if people like this mapping, I can make it just go between Decks A/B and bring back Drop Cue as the Cue Shift function.
Tawnya Attia
I'm curious.... does this mapping work with the Midifighter Pro's ?
Would love to use it in traktor 2.....
Jeanine Droney
Chris: I really... I mean REALLY like... this mapping. I'm surprised that there are not more replies here. I believe it's because Ian did make a video. Nothing stopping you, the great flashflooder, from posting one

You have given us some degree of accurate control over the slicer, gater and reverse grain values (as opposed to jogwheels and faders on the vci-100) is very interesting and fun to play with.

I actually prefer this over the Insta-grat mapping (which is awesome btw). Thank you for all your hard work! This is awesome!
Jodi Lacerra
I believe this mapping is still the best for my needs. Still I would like to see the bottom row from the "Instant Gratification Mapping" and the super combos added to this mapping.

First of all, I'm quite glad people like this mapping. I really never liked the Tempo controls on the bottom of the typical MF mappings (because I use the MF in addition to a VCI-100) so I was always believeing of ways to get more power out of it.

But to answer your guys' questions about adding Supercombos to the InstaFX mapping. Yes, it can be done. I am working on the Deckalized and Instant Grat merge which is going better than expected so I would wait for that. However, if after that people still like the InstaFX design I would then probably set aside some time to modify it to improve it a bit and add Supercombos.
Cruz Raz

Tatum Ansaldo
Poor flashflooder, he has so many requests to deal with... including mine
Vince Donohoue
There appears to be a number of bugs for me in this mapping. Like Shift + Sync toggles focucs but goes A->D->B->A , and Shift + Cue doesn't drop the cue, instead is also toggles focus but in A->C->D->A ordering. Any one else?

[edit]
Just re-read the first post and realized S+Cue was changed to not drop cue, but the order still seems broken
Carin Mcalevy
hey thanks again for the response however i was wondering would it be possible to add the supercombo 1 to this mapping when pressing the beatmasher buttons in succession?
Celina Fedyk
Yo Flashflooder thanks for the mapping, I have been a long time lurker and this mapping forced me to post. I have edited the amounts and effect types to my liking and it is a great new feature for midi-fighter!
Jodi Lacerra
They are currently (from L to R): Slicer, Gater, Digital Lofi, and Reverse Grain. The Slicer is an advanced effect in FX bank 3 and the others are all chained/grouped effects in FX bank 1.

However, I tried to comment it so that it would be easy to change the effects and amount values. If you sort the tsi by comments, you will want to look at the lines with "InstaFX..."

The main reason I haven't made a pic layout yet is that I can't find the illustrator file we used to create the layout for the deckalized mapping and the original mf mapping. Once I find that, it'll be easy. I just don't want to recreate it all and besides the InstaFX on the bottom row, it is almost exactly like the Deckalized focus.
Evangeline Abraha
Looking forward to trying this one out. Nice work Flashflooder !!

Hey guys,

Other than that,
&
Shift+Cue = Deck Focus +

Cruz Raz
Ah okay! Thanks :-)
Laraine Manzano

Thanks.
Cruz Raz

Thanks.
Scarlett Saupp
Loving the mapping so far flashflooder. Gave it a tinker and shoehorned it into my mpd18. Have assigned the single fader to control master tempo when shift is held, and to directly control FX parameters when an FX button is held. Gonna tinker with FX used (I never use reverse grain for example) and have a jam with it this evening. Ta muchly!
Tatum Ansaldo
I'd like that if you have time!
Scarlett Saupp
Read flashflooder's first post. He'll do it when/if he gets time.
Carin Mcalevy
Jodi Lacerra
Great call! This was one of the main reasons I had waited to post this mapping in the community (and then it sat around on my computer gaining virtual dust for long enough that I figured I should just post it anyways). I wanted to refine all of the amount values to tailor them to the effects (I was going to experiment more with other effects too).

Anyways, that's great input, except I believe that the .5 and .625 are the values that result in the same Gater sound. But yeah, hopefully the comments make it easy enough to alter and if there becomes enough of a consensus for different values/effects I can easily redo the mapping and repost it.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by itajeN
I don't use Deck C or D, how would I go about taking them off my focus lineup? Just edit the TSI right?
Yeah, you'll just have to make some changes to the lines controlling the Deck Focus in the tsi. I can take a look at the tsi later to explain what exactly to edit, but I believe I also did this a while back somewhere on the original Deckalized thread. Although, this is slightly different because you can scroll each way.

Either way, I didn't believe it was as big a deal on this one since I mapped in Deck Focus+ and Deck Focus- buttons that you can use to just go back and forth between Decks A and B without having to scroll through all 4 decks.

Laraine Manzano
Cruz Raz
Love it!

Thanks!
Scarlett Saupp
Sweet.. I'm gonna grab this and use it with one of my mpd18 banks. thanks a heap flashflooder - I always enjoy a bit of instant fx button mashing fun.
Tatum Ansaldo
will try this...

WHEN MY NEW MIDI FIGHTER ARRIVES IN 2 DAYS!!!!!!!

(soz for going OT)

and yes, would really appreciate an AB only focussed mapping.
Russ Strutt
Thanks a bunch! My iPad is gonna join the midi battle!!
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by marky_tool
dude you wouldnt have a list of the notes the midi fighter puts out would you?? im trying something cool...

cheers
mark
http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=9960
Dewey Melchi
Danae Dumler
Awesome! Looking forward to using this; I never use the pitch controls either.
Russ Strutt
dude you wouldnt have a list of the notes the midi fighter puts out would you?? im trying something cool...

cheers
mark
Gilma Marchini
I'll try this out in the morning! If I find use for it I'll make a non-focused version ;D

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy