Use the New Midi Fighter Utility to flash your MidiFighter

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Use the New Midi Fighter Utility to flash your MidiFighterReply
Use the New Midi Fighter Utility to flash your MidiFighter
Posted on: 21.07.2011 by Ella Rick
Hey,

I've noticed lately that a lot of guys who have just purchased MF Pro's
are trying or have updated their MF PRO's with the MF Classic updater.

Please don't!

There will be a MF Pro updater coming soon!

EDIT: The new Midi Fighter Utility is safe for use with all versions of Midi Fighter

The Midi Fighter Utility is available HERE
Ella Rick
Originally Posted by D510N
yeaaaa I know its simple, thanks. if i had the information before i flashed it... but i was a lil late to that party. didnt read the thread until after i had flashed it. and thanks for repeating what ive already read in this very thread... really helpful. SMH!
You should of done your homework first,
Why did you want to flash it in the first place, I just don't get it!
There is no need to!

Where did you get the information from that told you to re flash MF Pro?
Lillian Woolum
Originally Posted by willinfluence
Don't flash or try to update your MF Pro....simple!

If you do you will turn it into a classic and you won't be able to use the faders pots and fx bank buttons

And if you do you will have to contact support to fix it

You can update your MF only if it's a classic!

The MF Pro updater is still to be released, don't ask me when as I don't know that information
yeaaaa I know its simple, thanks. if i had the information before i flashed it... but i was a lil late to that party. didnt read the thread until after i had flashed it. and thanks for repeating what ive already read in this very thread... really helpful. SMH!
Faustino Stringfellow
Originally Posted by jwhitty

im sure theyve helped you before, JSM, but ive never gotten any useful help from DJTT, only headaches.

perhaps a different approach is required. anyone getting angry with me always gets sent to the end of the line ...niceness costs nothing.

I see they are working on a new updater, hopefully this will rescue yours, but in the short time you have to wait, try the (almost very) cool "keyboard" MF, no it's not the best, but it dos get access to most of those lovely super combos
Peggy Novicky
Originally Posted by guywithknife
Why do you need to flash your Midifighter at all? Whats wrong with it?

You shouldn't need to ever flash it unless something is broken, in which case, contacting tech support is the best thing to do (if you email, expect it to take a while; best bet is to ring them).

Note that most electronic products don't provide any means f flashing them with new firmware at all.
i didnt believe i was "flashing" (aka "erasing"??) my midifighter when i used the updater. i simply had the thought process of when you buy any electronic thing nowadays:
-comes out of box with factory settings, so you prolly need to find the latest updates
-found updater
-broke ("updated") my midifighter

i did however figure out that if you go into the midifighter menu and go to 7, analog, and push on all 4 lights, that the faders and stuff work again.

they should just have a better updater that lets you tell it which midifighter you have, or lets you point it at a hex file though. the fact that their updater points to ONE hex file is retarded.

im sure theyve helped you before, JSM, but ive never gotten any useful help from DJTT, only headaches.
Kimberly Lewark
the tedious one? my work schedule doesnt fit in with DJTT's shitty work schedule and the fact that im EST doesnt help it doubly.

what in the hell do i have to do to make the $350 i just blew worth it?

You shouldn't need to ever flash it unless something is broken, in which case, contacting tech support is the best thing to do (if you email, expect it to take a while; best bet is to ring them).

Note that most electronic products don't provide any means f flashing them with new firmware at all.
Adolf Hit
Hey guys the new midi fighter utility is available HERE.

This is for use with all versions of Midi Fighter Classic & Pro
Ella Rick
Originally Posted by D510N
You should of done your homework first,
Why did you want to flash it in the first place, I just don't get it!
There is no need to!

Where did you get the information from that told you to re flash MF Pro?
Lillian Woolum
Originally Posted by willinfluence

If you do you will turn it into a classic and you won't be able to use the faders pots and fx bank buttons

The MF Pro updater is still to be released, don't ask me when as I don't know that information
Ella Rick

Lillian Woolum
i actually got the menu 7 to work but there are no presets.. i tried flashing it again... ya i know... and now it wont update. SMH! whats the best way to contact staff in order to get this resolved?... figured they'd have a fix by now...
Peggy Novicky
i fixed it by holding the top left button of the midifighter and plugging it in, that enters midifighter's menu or some shit

then you hit the last button (#7, if you count across the top row then across the second row down) and i then turned "on" all 4 lights that appeared on the following menu.

this got the fx and stuff to work in traktor pro.
Lillian Woolum
does anyone have a fix for this? or can someone put a write-up of the "tedious process" por favor!? I beg you!
Faustino Stringfellow

perhaps a different approach is required. anyone getting angry with me always gets sent to the end of the line ...niceness costs nothing.

I see they are working on a new updater, hopefully this will rescue yours, but in the short time you have to wait, try the (almost very) cool "keyboard" MF, no it's not the best, but it dos get access to most of those lovely super combos
Peggy Novicky
Originally Posted by guywithknife

i didnt believe i was "flashing" (aka "erasing"??) my midifighter when i used the updater. i simply had the thought process of when you buy any electronic thing nowadays:
-comes out of box with factory settings, so you prolly need to find the latest updates
-found updater
-broke ("updated") my midifighter

i did however figure out that if you go into the midifighter menu and go to 7, analog, and push on all 4 lights, that the faders and stuff work again.

they should just have a better updater that lets you tell it which midifighter you have, or lets you point it at a hex file though. the fact that their updater points to ONE hex file is retarded.

Faustino Stringfellow
a case of internet fever .... seen it posted somewhere, not read the full instructions or why it was issued ... and then after things go wrong, blame the manufacturer.

and this isn't sucking up, but DJTT staff have been nothing other than helpful with any of my enquiries, believe me there's some really sh***y companies out there who should be banned from making anything other than a cup of tea!

Breath in, breath out ....relax
Kimberly Lewark
the tedious one? my work schedule doesnt fit in with DJTT's shitty work schedule and the fact that im EST doesnt help it doubly.

Peggy Novicky

Vernon Espino
seriously tedious process is ABSOLUTELY right! these no easy way around it folks, we just have to wait until they come up with a firmware update or you can continue with trial and error process.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by randellstringer
and what do you do if you do flash it?
contact DJTT support and go through a seriously tedious process of trying to reflash back without an updater program.
Libbie Kommer
and what do you do if you do flash it?
Ella Rick
^^^^
This
Tatum Ansaldo
Basically at some point you will need to reflash with new firmware in order to get new features as they come out. However, currently there's no way for a user to easily reflash a MF pro without losing all the functionality of the faders, preset buttons and knobs. If you reflash with the standard MF updater, your pro will effectively become a MF classic.
Nerissa Lampropoulos
That's what I thought, but then I see things like this.

Originally Posted by midifidler
Yes we are working on a new updater with some cool new features. This will be about 6 weeks away.
So it had me curious. But it's good that I don't need to worry about updating anything as of yet.
Leeanna Ayla
It's not. They come loaded with the firmware already so there is no need to flash it.
Nerissa Lampropoulos
First post so be gentle.

I have my beat masher here waiting for my S4 to arrive. I've read multiple comments asking for a flash, what is the problem that is making people want it? I'll still be able to map out the MF and have fun yea? I guess what I'm trying to ask is, why is this flash update important?
Leeanna Ayla
Stuck for now.
Tatum Ansaldo

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy