Any warnings/heads up on modding the Midifighter?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Any warnings/heads up on modding the Midifighter?Reply
Any warnings/heads up on modding the Midifighter?
Posted on: 20.06.2011 by Lakeisha Allaway
Hey guys!
I just bought a Midi Fighter Classic diy kit.
My plan is to assemble the kit directly in a custom casing and add 4 faders, 2 killswithces and 2 extra buttons to my custom design.

I have been reading up on the modding of the midifighter and it seems relatively simple due to the fact that there are already 4 extra analog and 4 extra digital inputs on the board. This will suit me very well.

Now to my question.
Is there anything i need no to know besides common soldering knowledge and where to attach my connections. Anythin in particular i need to believe about?
I have some experience with electronincs and my dad is an electrician so it shouldnt be any problem. Just believeing if theres some common misstake people do and wreck their MF?

Thanks

DJ Brinx
(Audiostalkers)
Lakeisha Allaway
Hey guys!
I just bought a Midi Fighter Classic diy kit.
My plan is to assemble the kit directly in a custom casing and add 4 faders, 2 killswithces and 2 extra buttons to my custom design.

I have been reading up on the modding of the midifighter and it seems relatively simple due to the fact that there are already 4 extra analog and 4 extra digital inputs on the board. This will suit me very well.

Now to my question.
Is there anything i need no to know besides common soldering knowledge and where to attach my connections. Anythin in particular i need to believe about?
I have some experience with electronincs and my dad is an electrician so it shouldnt be any problem. Just believeing if theres some common misstake people do and wreck their MF?

Thanks

DJ Brinx
(Audiostalkers)
Lakeisha Allaway
Thx guys!
If i could just sort out the external 4 banks issue ive been having this thing is complete!
Adolf Hit
Love it!
Britany Shelburn
Damn dude!!!! I like it! Very nice!
Ella Rick
Nice build!
Lakeisha Allaway
Results! :
Not finished tho..
Still got the casing to do and insert the soundcard into it.

Hunter Renslow
Use good solid cables,quality solder and double check every joint.In my experience a bad joint can cause strange erratic midi messages.
Use a solid case that can take a few knocks.
Also a gloss finish is a bitch for fingerprints!
Lakeisha Allaway
@Fatlimey

Thanks! Those are some helpful tips!
I will use your suggestion about the female header.

Heres a really sloppy skiss (made iy in paint just now) of what i want it to look like.
The round things above the middlesliders are suppose to be killswitches.

@Arovia

You fat bastard, stay on topic ...

...I will go for lunch right now!
Lan Mckemy
don`t put it in your mouth...

Lunch soon Brinx?
robert chanda
Digital pins have their switches connect to Ground.

Analog pins connect to the center pin on a POT connected between +5/Gnd

Solder a female header onto the motherboard (like the Arduino has) and you can experiment and update your expansion kits as much as you like without thermally stressing the motherboard.

We've been abusing Midifighters for years and never fried a one by connecting anything to the expansion pins. USB pins, yes but expansion never.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy