LED pushbutton switches

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: LED pushbutton switchesReply
LED pushbutton switches
Posted on: 13.09.2011 by Britany Shelburn
So. I understand how to solder the linear and audio taper pots... I have four pushbutton led switches that Im going to use for FX presets 1-4.
Im a little confused as to how Im going to solder those. These are the buttons Im working with:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...uctId=3159591#

I see in the schematic where the two +/- 1.5v's are but then Im having trouble figuring out my output and ground...

then after that what other additional soldering am I going to have to do since Im dealing with LEDs?

Any links that might be helpful will be greatly appreciated. And thanks again for these community s. You guys rock!!!
Britany Shelburn
So. I understand how to solder the linear and audio taper pots... I have four pushbutton led switches that Im going to use for FX presets 1-4.
Im a little confused as to how Im going to solder those. These are the buttons Im working with:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...uctId=3159591#

I see in the schematic where the two +/- 1.5v's are but then Im having trouble figuring out my output and ground...

then after that what other additional soldering am I going to have to do since Im dealing with LEDs?

Any links that might be helpful will be greatly appreciated. And thanks again for these community s. You guys rock!!!
Britany Shelburn
So. I saw female headers mentioned in another thread. I just wanna get a general understanding of what they actually do and what kind should i look for if I have the newer version of the Midi-fighter PCB board.

thanks!
Nissar
Adolf Hit
Nice I look forwards to seeing your progress!
Britany Shelburn
DUUUDDEE I appreciate your help! I am so ready to fire up the soldering iron!!! I will post pictures of my build soon

Thanks Again,

Nissar
Adolf Hit
Ok Pins 1 & 2 are your switch pins.

Wire one of these to GND, and the other to the digital inputs.

The pins labeled + & - are for the LED.

Wire the + to 5V.

Wire a resistor of between 330 and 1000* Ohms between the - pin and GND.

*Depending on how bright you want it, 330 Ohms will be brighter.

Voila!
Britany Shelburn
oops... I mean 1.7v sorry
Britany Shelburn
Alright! I have my buttons and here is the schematic. I can see where my +/- 1.5v is and then are the two side ones that have me stumped.

I appreciate the help!
Adolf Hit
Hey Nissar - I cant really tell from the website either - just buy em and stick a picture up here and we can sort it out.
You will probably have to solder a series resistance in between the led cathode (-) and the gnd (0v).

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy