MF Pro mapping with Serato

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF Pro mapping with SeratoReply
MF Pro mapping with Serato
Posted on: 16.08.2011 by Nohemi Arguedas
Hey, I've been interested in getting one of the midi fighter pro setups, but have some concerns with regards to how functional it is with SSL. I mainly want to use it for turntablism-esque functions (like seen in that video ean did with cue scratching). Noticing how he had the fader mapped to the different effect functions and looking at the mappings you guys have available, it seems from everything I've seen and read that the super fader functions aren't really workable with SSL at the moment? I just want someone to confirm this unless I'm missing something and can actually have my cake and eat it too...if not, does anyone know if there's a chance that Rane will expand the MIDI mapping capabilities of Serato to support these kinds of functions or am I SOL?

The setup I have now is a TTM57SL with turntables...if I got the midi fighter..I'm guessing I could use it with traktor software and the 57SL as a soundcard without timecode support and be able to work it that way? I just don't want to have to buy the traktor sound box on top of what I already have.
Nohemi Arguedas
Hey, I've been interested in getting one of the midi fighter pro setups, but have some concerns with regards to how functional it is with SSL. I mainly want to use it for turntablism-esque functions (like seen in that video ean did with cue scratching). Noticing how he had the fader mapped to the different effect functions and looking at the mappings you guys have available, it seems from everything I've seen and read that the super fader functions aren't really workable with SSL at the moment? I just want someone to confirm this unless I'm missing something and can actually have my cake and eat it too...if not, does anyone know if there's a chance that Rane will expand the MIDI mapping capabilities of Serato to support these kinds of functions or am I SOL?

The setup I have now is a TTM57SL with turntables...if I got the midi fighter..I'm guessing I could use it with traktor software and the 57SL as a soundcard without timecode support and be able to work it that way? I just don't want to have to buy the traktor sound box on top of what I already have.
Tatum Ansaldo
As I'm sure you know, midi mapping in SSL is currently pretty limited. You wouldn't be able to achieve anything like you can with Traktor as far as I'm aware.

You could indeed use Traktor with your 57, if it works like any other SL card then it's available for Traktor to use as long as SSL isn't running.
Ailene Illiano
I have the exact same question. I was wondering if they had a mapping that would allow the use of the Super Faders in Serato. From everything that I've watched and read, it doesn't seem possible.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy