Switches

Switches
Posted on: 10.09.2011 by Arielle Posso
So I'm believeing about building a custom midi controller before the end of the year and I want to use momentary tactile switches instead of arcade buttons. The only thing is, I'm having trouble finding Tactile switches that are at least 2.8cm (1 inch). Does anyone know where I can find them?
Arielle Posso
So I'm believeing about building a custom midi controller before the end of the year and I want to use momentary tactile switches instead of arcade buttons. The only thing is, I'm having trouble finding Tactile switches that are at least 2.8cm (1 inch). Does anyone know where I can find them?
Arielle Posso
I've determined that I'm probably going to mold my own buttons. I've found a instructable that I believe will work
Adolf Hit
Cloudfab.com is great!
Arielle Posso
Where would I get 3D printing done? any idea?
Adolf Hit
You will struggle to find tact switches of that size.

What you could do is this.

Find some normal 12mm tac switches with cap stem actuators.

Design some custom actuators and get them 3D printed.( a few dollars each)

Stick em on top of the tac switches and Boom 25mm tac switch to your exact spec!
Arielle Posso
Yea i figured I'd end up having to use arcade buttons. oh well
Gilma Marchini
Arcade buttons (24mm) are about 1-inch, just use that. Buttons that large are uncommon outside of the tactile/gaming focused realm. Don't fix it if it ain't broke. Arcade buttons are giant buttons, or "tactile momentary switches."

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy