Rusty MF screws

Rusty MF screws
Posted on: 30.09.2011 by Della Kalender
Hey,

I want to start this post by saying i mean no disrespect to the djtt team or their products, im simply looking for information. A community search yielded me no results.

I purchased a mf classic when they first came back into stock (a month or so ago?). The delivery was delayed 3 days because coincidentally it was in transit during hurricane Irene (im in new york, tracking listed "natural disaster" as the cause of delay). No big deal though because when i received it, everything seemed to be working fine and there was no evidence of damage. Worked great after i put it together and set it up with TP2.

However, I've recently noticed that all 8 housing screws have become severely rusted. So much that i cant read the size or manufacturer. Odd considering it's practically brand new. I keep the unit on my desk with the rest of my controllers in my bedroom. All of the other parts are intact as well as metal screws on my other controllers. When i brought a screw to a local hardware store they told me they don't stock it. I don't see any information about them on the djtt store either. I know this is simply a cosmetic issue but im believeing about getting a new faceplate and would like a fresh look without rusty screws.

Ive been trying to include some pictures but it says they're too big? Im new to community s so forgive my inexperience. Ill figure the links out later today. Any information regarding a replacement screw (possibly higher quality?) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-flip
Della Kalender
Hey,

I want to start this post by saying i mean no disrespect to the djtt team or their products, im simply looking for information. A community search yielded me no results.

I purchased a mf classic when they first came back into stock (a month or so ago?). The delivery was delayed 3 days because coincidentally it was in transit during hurricane Irene (im in new york, tracking listed "natural disaster" as the cause of delay). No big deal though because when i received it, everything seemed to be working fine and there was no evidence of damage. Worked great after i put it together and set it up with TP2.

However, I've recently noticed that all 8 housing screws have become severely rusted. So much that i cant read the size or manufacturer. Odd considering it's practically brand new. I keep the unit on my desk with the rest of my controllers in my bedroom. All of the other parts are intact as well as metal screws on my other controllers. When i brought a screw to a local hardware store they told me they don't stock it. I don't see any information about them on the djtt store either. I know this is simply a cosmetic issue but im believeing about getting a new faceplate and would like a fresh look without rusty screws.

Ive been trying to include some pictures but it says they're too big? Im new to community s so forgive my inexperience. Ill figure the links out later today. Any information regarding a replacement screw (possibly higher quality?) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-flip
Della Kalender
Done. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Adolf Hit
Get in touch with the store, they will send you some replacements.
Leeanna Ayla
Contact support as the store staff don't frequent the community s much.

http://www.djranking s.com/support/

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy