Removing the Buttons

Removing the Buttons
Posted on: 03.03.2010 by Marcella Sela
Hey all,

Hate to sound like a complete idiot, and I recall this being briefly posted but could not find the detailed thread for the life of me.

I wish to take apart my midi fighter, which isn't a problem, minus the sanwa buttons.

I want to know I am doing it right prior to removing them as I don't want to damage the midi fighter.

I found this is in another post:

"Look in this group for a post on removing the buttons from the top plate - if you're forcing anything you're doing it wrong, they should easily pop out with finger pressure when you get the side clips properly disengaged. "

I know how to pull them out of the acrylic plastic itself, but I'm confused as to how I would go about detaching them from the actual PCB. They seem to be clipped in quite tightly

Anyone care to help a newbie out?
Marcella Sela
Hey all,

Hate to sound like a complete idiot, and I recall this being briefly posted but could not find the detailed thread for the life of me.

I wish to take apart my midi fighter, which isn't a problem, minus the sanwa buttons.

I want to know I am doing it right prior to removing them as I don't want to damage the midi fighter.

I found this is in another post:

"Look in this group for a post on removing the buttons from the top plate - if you're forcing anything you're doing it wrong, they should easily pop out with finger pressure when you get the side clips properly disengaged. "

I know how to pull them out of the acrylic plastic itself, but I'm confused as to how I would go about detaching them from the actual PCB. They seem to be clipped in quite tightly

Anyone care to help a newbie out?
Bridget Zdunek
Thanks so much for this not exactly obvious tip - really saved me from pulling out each button!
Dee Atondo
Yes. Just don't force them out. MF is sweet but delicate.
robin loo
unscrew the top screws and gently lift the faceplate up.. it's pretty easy..

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy