Midifighters are unstable [solved 2011-10-11]

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midifighters are unstable [solved 2011-10-11]Reply
Midifighters are unstable [solved 2011-10-11]
Posted on: 11.10.2011 by Venetta Cawyer
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

So today I hooked up one of my MF's to my Macbook Pro to grid some tracks. Fun times! Because for some reason six buttons aren't working anymore.

o o o o
o o o o
x x x v
x x x v

The X's dont work anymore but when the V is pushed, the entire row lights up.
I used the MF's last weekend for a gig and that went fine. Disconnected them, put them in a bag for protection and now this happens. And it isn't the first time. Sometimes bank switching is really slow and I have to reset it.
Used it on a Macbook Pro and two PC's. Then decided to pull of the protective silicone and press the reset button. Works again.

This is just regular use, not to mention updating the FW on these devices..
Last update had me really pissed because one of the MF's wouldn't go into DFU.

Seriously, I'm starting to really doubt wheter to keep using these things and find it hard to swallow that I paid $300 for two pieces of unreliable gear.
Arcelia Siebeneck
Originally Posted by weltraumpapst
where in the process did the OP mod the hardware?
Originally Posted by Audeo
I replaced all the LED's with yellow SMD LED's.
that's quite a serious mod - a mod that most manufacturers wouldn't usually support... kudos to DJTT
Random X
Originally Posted by willinfluence
Yeah DJTT customer service is awesome.
This +6,000,000
robin loo
Originally Posted by MiL0
now that is customer service... I don't believe I've ever seen a company that will do this - allowing the warranty to still be valid after a user has modded the hardware.

nicely done DJTT.
indeed, but where in the process did the OP mod the hardware? pulling of the silicone case won't void the warranty i guess..
Arcelia Siebeneck
Originally Posted by midifidler
This was a manufacturing related issue so don't worry your warranty is good!
now that is customer service... I don't believe I've ever seen a company that will do this - allowing the warranty to still be valid after a user has modded the hardware.

nicely done DJTT.
Venetta Cawyer
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

So today I hooked up one of my MF's to my Macbook Pro to grid some tracks. Fun times! Because for some reason six buttons aren't working anymore.

o o o o
o o o o
x x x v
x x x v

The X's dont work anymore but when the V is pushed, the entire row lights up.
I used the MF's last weekend for a gig and that went fine. Disconnected them, put them in a bag for protection and now this happens. And it isn't the first time. Sometimes bank switching is really slow and I have to reset it.
Used it on a Macbook Pro and two PC's. Then decided to pull of the protective silicone and press the reset button. Works again.

This is just regular use, not to mention updating the FW on these devices..
Last update had me really pissed because one of the MF's wouldn't go into DFU.

Seriously, I'm starting to really doubt wheter to keep using these things and find it hard to swallow that I paid $300 for two pieces of unreliable gear.
Donella Pectol
very good article I need it Thanks for the post.
Len Lukawski
I ordered my new Pro at 12am Eastern. By 2pm I got the notification that it had been built. Don't need to say any more than that.
Jerlene Jernegan
Wow now I want one just for the service ......
Arcelia Siebeneck
Originally Posted by weltraumpapst
where in the process did the OP mod the hardware?
Originally Posted by Audeo
I replaced all the LED's with yellow SMD LED's.
that's quite a serious mod - a mod that most manufacturers wouldn't usually support... kudos to DJTT
Random X
Originally Posted by willinfluence
This +6,000,000
Delmar Swamy
well you gotta believe, DJTT encourages you to mod your MF so they wont void you for that I wouldnt believe XD
robin loo
Originally Posted by MiL0

nicely done DJTT.
indeed, but where in the process did the OP mod the hardware? pulling of the silicone case won't void the warranty i guess..
Latasha Enriguez
DJTT awesome customer service
Ella Rick
Arcelia Siebeneck
Originally Posted by midifidler

nicely done DJTT.
Venetta Cawyer
That's cool to know I've given the MF a time-frame, if it b0rks again in that time-frame, it's going back to momma for some proper behavior correction.
Adolf Hit
Venetta Cawyer
I guess it's supposed to do nothing but yet it does. I have no idea if I'm still viable for warranty since I replaced all the LED's with yellow SMD LED's.
Adolf Hit
Pushing the reset button is doing nothing.

That is a hardware fault, please contact orders to have them replaced.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy