Midifighter As a SYNTH!

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midifighter As a SYNTH!Reply
Midifighter As a SYNTH!
Posted on: 23.10.2011 by Glennis Bischoff
so i like the idea of playing the midifighter as a synth. as you all know it spits out basic midi, and im using it to play notes in different synthesizers in Ableton live.

but my problem is that i cant change octaves without touching a keyboard... ick... i have an APC40 and the korg Nano series, if that helps a problem solution.

TL:DR, i need a way to switch octaves in a synthesizer and play my midifighter as the notes in the Synth
robin loo
Originally Posted by Razehell
If you use 4 banks mode, each bank (the top 4 buttons) select an octave.
this..
Glennis Bischoff
so i like the idea of playing the midifighter as a synth. as you all know it spits out basic midi, and im using it to play notes in different synthesizers in Ableton live.

but my problem is that i cant change octaves without touching a keyboard... ick... i have an APC40 and the korg Nano series, if that helps a problem solution.

TL:DR, i need a way to switch octaves in a synthesizer and play my midifighter as the notes in the Synth
Glennis Bischoff
but if i use 4 banks mode, then i loose out on one row of notes :/ but the idea to use a midi transpose effect is pretty good, i kike that one
robin loo
Originally Posted by Razehell
this..
Lana Felicien
Nana Mohs
If you put 4 Pitch midi effects on the midi track you should be able to do something like that.
Make them have -24, -12,+12, +24 semitones (or whatever you want)
And set 4 buttons to turn them on/off. 8 buttons for a scale, and 4 for a couple different arps, a random, and a chord. That way you have 5 octaves to play in and some effects.

Those are the midi effects I would use at least
Kayce Mesia
Bome's MIDI translator might be able to help you there.
Glennis Bischoff
i dont know if that would work, because i dont believe that ableton would allow me to shift all the notes with one button push.

unless you know a way to do that?

i have no idea how that would work
Danial Sawn
Have you thought of mapping the top 8 buttons for notes, and then 4 for octaves shifts and 4 for something like keys/cue points?

Not sure if that would work, but just an idea.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy