Midifighter help! Non responsive!

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midifighter help! Non responsive!Reply
Midifighter help! Non responsive!
Posted on: 06.07.2010 by BOUVIER Pascal
Hey guys!

I am dead worried now!

My Midifighter was working fine, apart from one thing, when you put it into mash up beat mode. All the bottom two rows of lights do not come on, only one light comes on.
I was watching the video of Ean and the 2 MF' s and it made me want to give it a try. When I discovered that was not working exactly right, I decided to upgrade the firmware.

I got most of the way but then It said something about not being able to complete.
Now my midifighter has ALL of its lights on SOLID.

I cannot wrap my head around the Mac instructions. Is there anyone who can explain them a little simpler!
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by pilmat
@Hammer
Did you have to go with a PC or did you get it resolved with a Mac? Just useful information for the future (and me when I bother to update mine!).

Phil.
I originally tried flashing on the Mac and I believe I "restarted" the MF too early before the firmware fully loaded. I just made it easier on myself and reflashed it on a PC. I'm sure it would've worked fine on the Mac.
robin loo
Originally Posted by Hammer

My Midifighter was working fine, apart from one thing, when you put it into mash up beat mode. All the bottom two rows of lights do not come on, only one light comes on.

this is standard for me. don't know why..
BOUVIER Pascal
Hey guys!

I am dead worried now!

I was watching the video of Ean and the 2 MF' s and it made me want to give it a try. When I discovered that was not working exactly right, I decided to upgrade the firmware.

I got most of the way but then It said something about not being able to complete.
Now my midifighter has ALL of its lights on SOLID.

I cannot wrap my head around the Mac instructions. Is there anyone who can explain them a little simpler!
Adolf Hit
Hey guys if you are having hardware issues contact orders@djranking s.com and they will arrange replacement or repair.
Kayce Quaglino
I used a piece of wire and it STILL didn't put it into bootloader mode, I'm sad now. Please help me. Brand new midi fighter so gutted it doesn't want to work.
Eulalia Eschliman
Hi I read the Forum and followed the instructions with no success whatsoever.

My problem is that my MF stoped working one day, there is always the top left light turned on whenever I connect it to any of my 2 PCs. but it does not respond.

After making the wire connection and connecting it nothing happens, just the same blue light on the top left button, can someone help me?

Thank you
Meg Reinoehl
In Terminal, you just need to enter the dfu-programmer commands all in one line: dfu-programmer at90usb162 erase && dfu-programmer at90usb162 flash --debug 1 midifighter.hex && dfu-programmer at90usb162 reset

In the code where it says "midifighter.hex"... you need to put in the full name of the .hex file for the firmware. Most important part is that after you enter this command, 3 lights will blink on the top of the MIDI Fighter. Wait for these lights to finish blinking and eventually there will be no lights on it. That's when it's safe to unplug and replug the USB cable from the MIDI Fighter.
BOUVIER Pascal
When I originally tried it on my mac, I was
A little confused, with no proper interface to follow. Terminal ain't the easiest. So in the end I did it on a PC. Btw my midifighter works great! Love it!
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by pilmat
@Hammer
Did you have to go with a PC or did you get it resolved with a Mac? Just useful information for the future (and me when I bother to update mine!).

Phil.
I originally tried flashing on the Mac and I believe I "restarted" the MF too early before the firmware fully loaded. I just made it easier on myself and reflashed it on a PC. I'm sure it would've worked fine on the Mac.
Corine Kasman
@Hammer

Phil.
BOUVIER Pascal
Got it! Was in the wrong mode! Simple hit record, then shift and record. Awesome! Thanks guys!
BOUVIER Pascal
Okay! All done! I used a unfolded staple. Worked fine!
One thing I must say now, when I flip it into record mode with the sample, only 2 lights on each row stay lit? Is this normal, before hand it was No lights.
Adolf Hit
A paper clip without a plastic covering should do the trick. Let me know how you get on..
robin loo
Originally Posted by Hammer

this is standard for me. don't know why..
BOUVIER Pascal
Right, yeah! I have access to a pc. I'm gonna give that a go in a minute. will a unfloded paperclip be alright?
Adolf Hit
Hi Hammer,

Dont panic - it will be a little harder now but we can still get it running again.

First do you have access to a PC at all? This makes it much easier.

Second thing now is because the firmware is corrupted you cannot enter the bootloader mode by holding the corners at startup. To enter bootloader mode you must use the footprint labeled BOOT on the top left side of the PCB near the expansion port.

What you need to do is with the USB cable NOT plugged in make a link (a small piece of wire will suffice) between the two silver holes closest to the PCB edge adjacent to the the BOOT lable (shown by the red link in my crappy diagram).

Once the link is in place, plug the USB cable into the midi fighter, once this is done remove the link and try to connect to it using the flash update software.

Once you succesfully connect you can update the flash and you should be good to go again

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy