Midi fighter beginner!

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi fighter beginner!Reply
Midi fighter beginner!
Posted on: 03.11.2011 by Emery Kimbal
Hey there, Sorry in advance for the possible stack of thread, but today I received my MIDI fighter Classic. I have no idead how to use it or map it to Instant gratification. I tried and it seemed to work however it does not respond in Traktor Pro 2. Any links or step on how to use/map it would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Emery Kimbal
Originally Posted by photojojo
Does the midi light in Traktor (upper center) light up when you press a button?
When I pres the MIDI fighter, the 'ctrl' icon lights up?
Emery Kimbal
Originally Posted by Lecko
four banks mode (internal) via the midi fighter utility?

import the tsi file a couple of times?
yeah man, I imported the .tsi file three times and its set to 4 banks mode. Once I finished, I could press a button on the MIDI fighter and the button would light up (LED) but traktor does not respond to it at all.
Emery Kimbal
Have you set the in and out ports in the controller manager to the midi fighter when that mapping is selected?
Yeah mate it's all mapped to instant gratification, the ports are done. but it doesn't respond in traktor. Am I doing it wrong? I followed all the set-up steps. Do I need to activate anything on the MIDI controller itself before using it?
Cheers.
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by Peachy
Hey there, Sorry in advance for the possible stack of thread, but today I received my MIDI fighter Classic. I have no idead how to use it or map it to Instant gratification. I tried and it seemed to work however it does not respond in Traktor Pro 2. Any links or step on how to use/map it would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Look for a thread i created a Few months ago where i tried to give an exact list of steps for a windows user to get the inst grat mapping setup with traktor 2. I wasnt able to find a single list of steps anywhere so i posted it. I believe it was my 1st post.

Note, u can also figure it out by going thru a bunch of different posts and videos which isnt a bad idea because itll get u more adapt to what the thing is doing.
Emery Kimbal
Thanks.
Emery Kimbal
Oh the controller icon is orange, which I assume means it isnt set-up correctly?
Emery Kimbal
I've remapped it like 4 times, the MIDI fighter responds but nothing happens in traktor. Although the 'ctrl' icon right up the right of traktor lights up.
Emery Kimbal
When I pres the MIDI fighter, the 'ctrl' icon lights up?
Leeanna Ayla
Emery Kimbal
Originally Posted by Lecko

yeah man, I imported the .tsi file three times and its set to 4 banks mode. Once I finished, I could press a button on the MIDI fighter and the button would light up (LED) but traktor does not respond to it at all.
Julianna Riecken

Emery Kimbal
Have you set the in and out ports in the controller manager to the midi fighter when that mapping is selected?
Yeah mate it's all mapped to instant gratification, the ports are done. but it doesn't respond in traktor. Am I doing it wrong? I followed all the set-up steps. Do I need to activate anything on the MIDI controller itself before using it?
Cheers.
Leeanna Ayla
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by Peachy
Thanks.
Look for a thread i created a Few months ago where i tried to give an exact list of steps for a windows user to get the inst grat mapping setup with traktor 2. I wasnt able to find a single list of steps anywhere so i posted it. I believe it was my 1st post.

Note, u can also figure it out by going thru a bunch of different posts and videos which isnt a bad idea because itll get u more adapt to what the thing is doing.
Latoria Kavulich
moved.
Julianna Riecken
I have no clue how to map or anything but I managed to get my midi fighter working with the instant gratification mapping along with my s4 by reading through the threads
Julianna Riecken
mate there's a massive thread for midi fighter and all you need to know should be in there

http://www.djranking s.com/community /community display.php?f=26

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy