Help me decide which MF Pro please.

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Help me decide which MF Pro please.Reply
Help me decide which MF Pro please.
Posted on: 16.11.2011 by Vickey Fransway
I want a MF Pro (who doesn't right?) but I can't decide which to get, I am pretty sure I will only get one as I will most likely be using it with my S4 (or SSL).

The Beat Masher appeals to me because I believe I will be using it for mainly effects.

The Cue Master appeals to me because it has one extra expressive control.

My understanding is that any MF Pro can use any of the mappings, however if I had the BM wouldn't I be missing something using the CM mapping?

Also, can the button area be rotated in regard to assignment. The vertical layout of the BM and the opposing sliders seem optimal for using both sliders simultaneously but if I wanted to use it in a horizontal position, can the button mapping be rotated accordingly?

Thanks in advance
Vickey Fransway
I want a MF Pro (who doesn't right?) but I can't decide which to get, I am pretty sure I will only get one as I will most likely be using it with my S4 (or SSL).

The Beat Masher appeals to me because I believe I will be using it for mainly effects.

The Cue Master appeals to me because it has one extra expressive control.

My understanding is that any MF Pro can use any of the mappings, however if I had the BM wouldn't I be missing something using the CM mapping?

Also, can the button area be rotated in regard to assignment. The vertical layout of the BM and the opposing sliders seem optimal for using both sliders simultaneously but if I wanted to use it in a horizontal position, can the button mapping be rotated accordingly?

Thanks in advance
Meg Reinoehl
You can sort of rotate the button alignment using the new firmware utility. I do recall a message saying that you can only do it once, so... yeah... Maybe midifidler can comment on that.

If you're primarily going to use it for FX, I believe that the Beatmasher will do just fine for you. That's primarily what I use it for and it works really really well. I wouldn't worry about the extra expressive control that the Cue Master has. You can always customize the Beatmasher mapping and add/replace any extra controls that you need.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy