New Hardware: Is the MF pro for me?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: New Hardware: Is the MF pro for me?Reply
New Hardware: Is the MF pro for me?
Posted on: 17.11.2011 by Loria Capwell
Right so im a beginneer dj/Amatuer, ive been Djing for nearly a year now and I want to start pushing what i can do beyond just matching songs up. So far im limited by my software with the ability to only load two decks and im dealing with that by getting Traktor pro 2. the next thing i want to deal with is getting that third area of hardware to express myself as my current controller is a peice of shit for effects/que points

So what im asking you is this, is the MF pro worth buying or should i get something simplier from, well I Dont know, a trigger finger or something from Akai?

i know its probably abit biased asking DJTT if the Midi-fighter Pro is worth buying but I havent looked at many Online Digital Djing community s and I trust you guys so Im asking yous.

TL;DR: Should I buy the Midi Fighter Pro: Cue Master...
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by No Left Turn
I watched both of these videos dozens of times before deciding to go with the Beat Masher. Another factor that really swayed my decision was that I also really liked the functionality of the Instant Gratification mapping. The Beat Masher is equally effective, though it works quite differently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NJX3MCidg4 (Beat Masher is on the right)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n97Z9c1axRU

Watch these over and over until you come to a decision.
So i bought myself a classic 6 mos ago when i really started getting into midi control and traktor.. The IG mapping is cool but it gets a tad bit tired after a while.. I now use ur mappling nlt for 2 decks ig and 2 decks hotcues.

I just recently bought my good friend a mfpro beatmasher used from a djtt member. Since his bday isnt until dec, i have a few weeks to make sure the bashing is in order. I gotta say.. I love it. Not only is bmasher my fave traktor effect but it pretty much gives u all that IG does and much much more. Slice mode is sweet. And the combos (not the djtt supercombos) u can do seem limitless.

I almost feel like keeping the pro and giving him my classic lol.. But i wont pull that shit head move. But if i had to do it again, the mfpro bmasher would be my choice. U pretty much get basic deck control with it too.

Id venture to say most 'beginners' would love the mfp bmasher. But do urself a favor and dont skimp and go classic. Get a 2nd hand mfp cuz u will want more flexibility down the road beyond the classic.

Thats my .02.

Edit: i should point out becuz i dont feel like the info on the descriptions/mappings r clear.. But mfpro beatmasher has 3 modes:
1. Standard - transport controls + effects + tempo control
2. Slicer mode - creates a loop and then gives u 1 extra row of slicer control buttons
3. Juggle mode - lets u create / delete and juggle hotcues on the fly

All modes have the filter knob and the 2 faders which always control efx.

Then of course u have the 4 square buttons which give u 4 different efx presets.

Its pretty dam versatile.
Loria Capwell
Right so im a beginneer dj/Amatuer, ive been Djing for nearly a year now and I want to start pushing what i can do beyond just matching songs up. So far im limited by my software with the ability to only load two decks and im dealing with that by getting Traktor pro 2. the next thing i want to deal with is getting that third area of hardware to express myself as my current controller is a peice of shit for effects/que points

So what im asking you is this, is the MF pro worth buying or should i get something simplier from, well I Dont know, a trigger finger or something from Akai?

i know its probably abit biased asking DJTT if the Midi-fighter Pro is worth buying but I havent looked at many Online Digital Djing community s and I trust you guys so Im asking yous.

TL;DR: Should I buy the Midi Fighter Pro: Cue Master...
Cliff Lohman
Stupid question but what the heck does the cuemaster model do thats so special? Pro bmasher has the juggle mode which is pretty sweet so i cant see what else i would need with cues (even ur classic nlt ig mapping has cuepoint juggling).

Is there any vids that walk thru the features? Is the deckalized video the best way to understand it? Cuz at 1st glance of the mapping layout it seems almost the exact same as bmasher..
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by No Left Turn
I watched both of these videos dozens of times before deciding to go with the Beat Masher. Another factor that really swayed my decision was that I also really liked the functionality of the Instant Gratification mapping. The Beat Masher is equally effective, though it works quite differently.

So i bought myself a classic 6 mos ago when i really started getting into midi control and traktor.. The IG mapping is cool but it gets a tad bit tired after a while.. I now use ur mappling nlt for 2 decks ig and 2 decks hotcues.

I just recently bought my good friend a mfpro beatmasher used from a djtt member. Since his bday isnt until dec, i have a few weeks to make sure the bashing is in order. I gotta say.. I love it. Not only is bmasher my fave traktor effect but it pretty much gives u all that IG does and much much more. Slice mode is sweet. And the combos (not the djtt supercombos) u can do seem limitless.

I almost feel like keeping the pro and giving him my classic lol.. But i wont pull that shit head move. But if i had to do it again, the mfpro bmasher would be my choice. U pretty much get basic deck control with it too.

Id venture to say most 'beginners' would love the mfp bmasher. But do urself a favor and dont skimp and go classic. Get a 2nd hand mfp cuz u will want more flexibility down the road beyond the classic.

Thats my .02.

Edit: i should point out becuz i dont feel like the info on the descriptions/mappings r clear.. But mfpro beatmasher has 3 modes:
1. Standard - transport controls + effects + tempo control
2. Slicer mode - creates a loop and then gives u 1 extra row of slicer control buttons
3. Juggle mode - lets u create / delete and juggle hotcues on the fly

All modes have the filter knob and the 2 faders which always control efx.

Then of course u have the 4 square buttons which give u 4 different efx presets.

Its pretty dam versatile.
Loria Capwell
Im looking more into controling my effects better and, althought its just another fader knob, the cue master seems better for me.

Also, can I use my midi-fighter as a third deck???
Meg Reinoehl

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy