USB interface and Handle Failure...Help?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: USB interface and Handle Failure...Help?Reply
USB interface and Handle Failure...Help?
Posted on: 06.02.2012 by Trish Villalva
My midi fighter (received one week ago) won't trigger any effects in traktor. I have followed the steps for setup and I am using the instant gratification mapping. When I downloaded the MF utility program and ran an "update" everything seems to be running fine until it gets to "cleaning", "USB interface", and "USB handle". It comes up with a red "X" beside cleaning up. The there is a yellow "!" next to USB interface and USB Handle. It says "Failed to release USB interface: -6" and then says "Failed to release usb handle: -6". Every thing else on the utility checks out fine. What is the problem? How do I fix it?
Trish Villalva
My midi fighter (received one week ago) won't trigger any effects in traktor. I have followed the steps for setup and I am using the instant gratification mapping. When I downloaded the MF utility program and ran an "update" everything seems to be running fine until it gets to "cleaning", "USB interface", and "USB handle". It comes up with a red "X" beside cleaning up. The there is a yellow "!" next to USB interface and USB Handle. It says "Failed to release USB interface: -6" and then says "Failed to release usb handle: -6". Every thing else on the utility checks out fine. What is the problem? How do I fix it?
Trish Villalva
Thanks for the help! I ended up getting a hold of djtt any they walked me through the process. They said that I had bricked it so I had to use the old updater to fix things. Its all working now! I love it!
Adolf Hit
Try going to the controller manager and check that the In and Out ports are correctly set to the Midi Fighter - this is generally the cause of the problem you are describing
Trish Villalva
Thanks for replying! Its good thats not the problem, but can anyone tell me why it will not work with traktor. It is up to date, and I have the latest instant gratification mapping. I press buttons and traktor recognizes the midi signal but does not trigger any effects. I can't figure it out and its really frustrating. I feel like i might have messed things up in menu mode when i first got it. It hasn't worked since the first 10 minutes that I got it. It acts like everything is hooked up and the effects change, but when I press the buttons the effects don't trigger. Help please? I called djtt and emailed them but didn't get a reply.
Adolf Hit
No problem nothing to fix The failure is a warning - as long as it says up to date on the main option page following you are good to go.

There will be a release soon which fixes this bug

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy