Midi Fighter Instant Grat. Question

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter Instant Grat. QuestionReply
Midi Fighter Instant Grat. Question
Posted on: 24.02.2012 by Portia Zagula
Hey DJTT,

So I'm believeing about buying a Midi-Fighter, but I have a quick and simple question about the Instant Gratification mapping first.

When you install this mapping into Traktor, does it take over all your effect units?.. I'd like to still have my normal effects that I'll have mapped to my future S2 while being able to use the Midi Fighter in conjuntion with those effects.

If the Midi Fighter overrides those effects then this will be a deciding factor whether I purchase it or not, so any and all input is appreciated. Thanks
robin loo
Originally Posted by DjEryx
Awwww very snazzy Can I map a button on my keyboard to change three/six effects at once? Or would I have to have six buttons? Sorry for being a bother, I'm just really trying to figure this out. Thanks for the input so far though, I'm already leaning more towards buying a MF now.
yes you can.. just "learn" different "effect select" to the same key.
robin loo
So if I wanna use a different effect (outside of the MF mapping) I'll have to use the effect knobs to select an effect and then use those knobs again to change the effect back so that I can use the midifighter?
yeah. you can map a button to "effect select" too..

and -like padi said- MF is changing the fx back..
Portia Zagula
Hey DJTT,

So I'm believeing about buying a Midi-Fighter, but I have a quick and simple question about the Instant Gratification mapping first.

When you install this mapping into Traktor, does it take over all your effect units?.. I'd like to still have my normal effects that I'll have mapped to my future S2 while being able to use the Midi Fighter in conjuntion with those effects.

If the Midi Fighter overrides those effects then this will be a deciding factor whether I purchase it or not, so any and all input is appreciated. Thanks
robin loo
Awwww very snazzy Can I map a button on my keyboard to change three/six effects at once? Or would I have to have six buttons? Sorry for being a bother, I'm just really trying to figure this out. Thanks for the input so far though, I'm already leaning more towards buying a MF now.
yes you can.. just "learn" different "effect select" to the same key.
Portia Zagula
Tatum Ansaldo
If the wrong effect is selected when you use the midifighter, all it means is that the first time you press a button that will load the effect rather than activate it. Not a big deal.
robin loo
So if I wanna use a different effect (outside of the MF mapping) I'll have to use the effect knobs to select an effect and then use those knobs again to change the effect back so that I can use the midifighter?
yeah. you can map a button to "effect select" too..

and -like padi said- MF is changing the fx back..
Nedra Fresneda
The MF will change back again to the FX it needs, you just need to map your regular controller to select the FX you normally use and assign them properly to the deck you need.
Portia Zagula
robin loo
as far as i can recall, it takes them all up (not in front of my mac now).. but there's no problem in mapping some other buttons (or keyboard keys) to select the fx you also want to use..

it does not overrides them. just selects them, so you can select you old fx back until you press the button on the MF again..

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy