MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher + Instant Gratification v1.0

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher + Instant Gratification v1.0Reply
MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher + Instant Gratification v1.0
Posted on: 24.08.2011 by Meg Reinoehl
Hey all,

Here is the first mapping to integrate the Instant Gratification mapping with the MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher for ultra beat mangling action.

MAPPING:
The MIDI Fighter Pro MUST be in 4banks mode.

This mapping works for 4 decks. Each bank button also functions as deck focus for that particular deck.

All of the Instant Gratification FX are on preset 4. Hit preset 4 and then start button mashing. All other presets remain the same for super fader FX.

The super faders still work on the Instant Gratification preset.

I slightly improved the functionality of the beatmasher/transpose super combo. You may not even notice it. I did not test all super combos as I've forgotten most of them. Let me know if there are any issues with them.

KNOWN ISSUES:
There's an LED "bug" that I haven't gotten around to figuring out.

COMING SOON:
I want to add Instant Gratification like functionality for the other presets, so that you can just load a preset and button mash away regardless of what FX are there.

If there's enough interest, I may combine the Beatmasher mapping with the Deckalized mapping.

I hope that you enjoy this mapping. Please let me know if there are any issues or other features that you would like.
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by SpeshulEd
Wait, I thought the preset buttons only changed the effects of the faders...the arcade buttons stay the same?

For mine, all my arcade buttons are instant gratification...then the faders are the normal beat masher effects. The preset buttons change the effects on the faders. The instant gratification is for the arcade buttons, and they never change no matter what preset I select.

I imported (using big import button) the midi fighter mapping twice, then added in the S4 mapping using the small import button. Everything works like a charm except my loop buttons/knobs on the S4 skip numbers. Instead of moving one over (4 to 8) for example, it'll jump from 1 to 32, so I have to set the loops by clicking on them on the laptop.
Im not using this exact mapping but i believe this one has the same button fx.. In which case, ur correct.. Preset buttons change up fader fx..buttons r static..

I dont see why one couldnt add a page of different fx for each preset modifier but its already got so many fx i believe id have trouble filling the pages up.. I strugled to believe of 4 fx to add to the bottom row to replace tempo bend etc and needed some suggestions from a community member. But then again, i only like a dozen traktor fx tops and would never use the remainder..
Joselyn Supina
Originally Posted by No Left Turn
Do you mean that whenever you press any of the 4 "preset" buttons, that the only FX that get loaded are the Instant Gratification FX? There shouldn't be anything in the mapping that changes this. I only added FX for "preset" 4, which are the Instant Gratification FX. Try importing the .tsi one more time?
Wait, I thought the preset buttons only changed the effects of the faders...the arcade buttons stay the same?

For mine, all my arcade buttons are instant gratification...then the faders are the normal beat masher effects. The preset buttons change the effects on the faders. The instant gratification is for the arcade buttons, and they never change no matter what preset I select.

I imported (using big import button) the midi fighter mapping twice, then added in the S4 mapping using the small import button. Everything works like a charm except my loop buttons/knobs on the S4 skip numbers. Instead of moving one over (4 to 8) for example, it'll jump from 1 to 32, so I have to set the loops by clicking on them on the laptop.
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by waconcept
Hey bro, I love the diea you have here, but unfortunately when i impliment these settings it gets rid of the beatmasher settings, so its instant gratification on all 4 fx slots. let me know if you have a fix for this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for all your time and hard work on this once again.

Later, Pharos.
Do you mean that whenever you press any of the 4 "preset" buttons, that the only FX that get loaded are the Instant Gratification FX? There shouldn't be anything in the mapping that changes this. I only added FX for "preset" 4, which are the Instant Gratification FX. Try importing the .tsi one more time?
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by Gapout
The only thing for me is i really like the record slice functions and looping...thats why i suggested Shift/Recordslice/Cue/Play as i dont use Sync in any way shape or form

The problem that i have with the shift+sync for deck select is that there is no indication of which deck the MF is focused on.

It would be nice if there was some sort of LED feedback indicating which deck i am focused on
shift+sync for deck select would be coupled with LED feedback.

Personally, I don't use the record slice although it's a great feature in and of itself. It just doesn't get much use from me. Quite the conundrum!
Joselyn Supina
I would be so confused if each preset button had different effects for the arcade button. Plus it would be a pain if you wanted to use preset 1 for the faders and preset 4 for the buttons.
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by SpeshulEd

Im not using this exact mapping but i believe this one has the same button fx.. In which case, ur correct.. Preset buttons change up fader fx..buttons r static..

I dont see why one couldnt add a page of different fx for each preset modifier but its already got so many fx i believe id have trouble filling the pages up.. I strugled to believe of 4 fx to add to the bottom row to replace tempo bend etc and needed some suggestions from a community member. But then again, i only like a dozen traktor fx tops and would never use the remainder..
Joselyn Supina

Sarai Suchman
hey No Left turn

I have a question i posted in the Mapping community s..

Hey all,

So i have been slowly working on my custom Midi Fighter Beatmasher mapping and i have run into a bit of a problem.

This is how i have it setup so far:

4 fx presets are the same

in 4 banks mode

4 x 4 grid is set to full instant gratification.

now with that said what i want to do is when i select the top 4 it sets which deck i have focused, what command do i use to set the focus of the faders and 4 fx presets to the same as the deck focus on the 4 x 4 grid?

Because as it sits now the 4 x 4 grid works for deck focus...but the faders and fx presets still only affect deck A
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by waconcept
Hey bro, I love the diea you have here, but unfortunately when i impliment these settings it gets rid of the beatmasher settings, so its instant gratification on all 4 fx slots. let me know if you have a fix for this, it would be much appreciated.

Later, Pharos.
Tawnya Attia
@NoLeftTurn
You don't need to work on a cue master version.
I pretty much can convert any mapping to it now.
Takes a few minutes really since i mapped all the midi signals.
Its basically this. the left fader on the cue master is the same
as the left fader on the beatmasher. the filter knob on the beatmasher
is the right fader on the cue master. and the right fader on the beatmasher
is the right knob on the cue master. the midi signals between them are identical.
right down to all the different messages they send. all it takes is a little re-arranging.
All you have to do is send me what you need converted And i'll do it.

or if you want i can send you a rough sketch i drew with all the midi signals.
and i can test the mapping for you.
Ursula Butka

Later, Pharos.
Magdalen Torrento
This looks fantastic, and I'm probably going to buy a MF Pro now that someone has come out with a good mapping that combines IG with the BM effects.

I really like the ideas that Gapout mentioned and you reiterated. I would be interested in helping and am willing to invest some time in this (I am new to traktor but I'm a developer and the mapping editor looks pretty simple, albeit kludgy).

My key wants are beat slicer, IG, and the BM presets, all on one device. The ideal thing for me would be to have 4 "sheets" of IG-like effects, with each having the same top 4 buttons (all I really need is shift and record/slice, but cue/play seem to go fine with that).

I would also be more than happy to donate to support your efforts as well, especially if that would allow you to put more time into enhancing this mapping sooner.
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by Gapout
The only thing for me is i really like the record slice functions and looping...thats why i suggested Shift/Recordslice/Cue/Play as i dont use Sync in any way shape or form

The problem that i have with the shift+sync for deck select is that there is no indication of which deck the MF is focused on.

It would be nice if there was some sort of LED feedback indicating which deck i am focused on
shift+sync for deck select would be coupled with LED feedback.

Personally, I don't use the record slice although it's a great feature in and of itself. It just doesn't get much use from me. Quite the conundrum!
Sarai Suchman

Meg Reinoehl
Gapout, those are excellent ideas!

Ideally, my ultimate beatmasher mapping would be:

1. Super-fader functionality
2. Top row = shift/sync/cue/play
3. Bottom 3 rows = Instant Gratification
4. The IG buttons would just trigger effect values instead of the actual effects so that you can button mash with any preset.
5. shift+sync = switch decks

Theoretically this shouldn't be hard to do, just time consuming.
Sarai Suchman
Hey No Left Turn,

I had some ideas on your mapping. Is it possible to:

do:
Top 4 rows:
Shift, Record Slice, Cue, Play
Bottom 3 rows the Instant Gratification Mapping

Then have it so the Shift button plus one of the effects presets determines the deck

eg Shift +FXpreset 1 would be Deck A, Shift+fx preset 2 would be deck B

As well when you hold the Shift button it would also light up which ever deck you have focused.

Shift plus the Filter Knob would change change the Key of the song.

I really wish i knew more about mapping then i wouldnt have to ask

This would keep ALL the functionality of the original BM Mapping but add full Instant Gratification, and have access to changing the key of the song...and keep the Slicer functions
Era Roka
unfortunatly i live in Holland
Meg Reinoehl
Life has stopped being crazy for a minute so I want to set aside some time to work on this again. Does anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area have a Cue Master that I can use/borrow to do the mapping with? It shouldn't take more than a day to do. I wouldn't mind kicking it with other DJTTers. I would really like to have one just to make sure everything works correctly.

I will also take a crack at the LED bug.
Era Roka
I currently have 2x instant grat + 2x my own "deckalized" mapping + My home-made emergengy mapping for the faders and knobs(sweeps, drops enz..) loaded on my cue master with no problems.
Meg Reinoehl
@Legotist - no news re: led bug. I honestly have not looked at or worked on this mapping since the week after I posted this. Real life and other DJ projects are getting the best of me.

@gonekrazy3000 - sorry, I have not had any time to try and combine this with the Cue Master mapping. I will add this on my neverending list of projects, but can't promise when I can get to it. Sadface.
Son Laverriere
any news regarding the led bug?
Tawnya Attia
okay..... another n00b question on my part....
the 4banks mode. does it have to be Internal ? or
External ? i put my cue master into internal but
believeing about it now the logical choice would be
external.... I'm guessin the preset switches are
soldered onto the same sockets that the external
buttons would be on a classic midifighter... is that
correct ?

Edit:-

Nevermind. 4 banks internal is definitely what its supposed
to be.... btw. are the arcade buttons supposed to be normal
except when its in preset 4 ? if thats the case then no...
its not exactly working right :/ cause they're pretty much
instant grat all the time. no deckalized+ig style buttons
in any of the other presets..... could you just make the same
changes to the cue master mapping ? i'll test it and see if its
normal....

Edit Deux:-

reading your original post i now realize the arcade buttons are working
fine. and yes. presets seem to load fine in preset 4. only prob is i dont
know the default 3 presets for super fader fx for the beatmasher....
like i mentioned earlier could you please apply the changes to the normal
cue master mapping ? this mapping is ridonkulous fun even in its crippled
state for me =D i'd love to have both faders workin right...
Meg Reinoehl
Hmm... does preset 4 load properly at least? If it does, I can probably just do the same thing I did to this with the Cue Master mapping...
Tawnya Attia
^^well.... i'd suggest u contact the ranking s staff and get them to help you
reflash it back into a pro. as it currently stands the flasher on the site is only
for the classics....

@No Left Turn:- I actually managed to get your Tsi working on my Cue Master
but its a tad messed up D= For some weird reason my right fader is a filter Knob
while the filter knob itself is unassigned. the left fader is the top right beatmasher
fader while my Right Knob is working as the left fader..... I tried just moving all the
controls from the knob onto my right fader but i believe even the multiple midi messages
the faders send is slightly different from the beatmasher :/

Looks like it wont be such an easy job to just transfer this tsi onto a cue master....
Lillian Woolum
haha well i had flashed my mf pro and from what im reading now, is the reason i cant get into preset 4; hence the mapping not working for me. i hope I, or they can find a fix..

NOTE: I did get the faders and filter knob working from ones suggestion to go in to menu mode 7, and turn on the 4 dim lights. still no presets tho :/
Meg Reinoehl
D510N,

How exactly is it not working? Do any controls at all work? Does the MF Pro work with the original mapping (non-4banks mode)?

You don't need to import the original mapping before importing this one.
Lillian Woolum
didnt work for me either. mf pro bm is in 4banks mode. tried importing the file into tp2 4-5x now. ive assigned all the midi ports to mf pro bm. not sure what else i have to do to get it working...

Oh and i just pulled the mf out the box. do i have to import the original mapping before importing yours?
Meg Reinoehl
Yes, enabling 4banks mode is the same on the Pros as on the Classics. Default mode on the Pros should be non-4banks mode.
Tawnya Attia
okay. yes. i admit i'm a n00b but i need to know something.
is the 4 banks mode activated the same way for the Pro's as
it is on the classic ? also... whats the default mode for the
pros ? internal ? external ? I'm confuzzled
Cliff Lohman
Currently, only the IG FX work with the arcade buttons and can be loaded using preset 4. What I would like to do is make it so that the arcade buttons aren't dedicated to just the IG FX and can trigger whatever effect is loaded from another preset. The goal would be to be able to button mash IG-style but with different effects that are loaded from the different presets.
Cool.. Thats what i was believeing (or hoping for).. The IG efx are def fun but they get a bit tired after playing with them for a while. Theres a few that are pretty much timeless but the stuff like gater and noise could definitely use some changing up every now and again.
Cruz Gaucin
gotcha! I'll give it a shot. I'm pretty new to Traktor. Only started using it due to the MF mappings for it. I'll let ya know if I have success. Thanks for sharing the mapping and the info.
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by rossinelectric
I didnt have success with this mapping. I loaded the tsi in to Traktor...nothing.
You may need to assign the MIDI ports to all of the different parts of the mapping. You should see 5 devices, 1 for the Beatmasher, and 4 for the Instant Gratification decks. Map all these to the MIDI Fighter ports and see if that works.
Cruz Gaucin
I didnt have success with this mapping. I loaded the tsi in to Traktor...nothing.
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by kevz718
but can you expand on that part a bit? Do you mean that i could just choose an effect outside of the normal ig efx and use them?)
Currently, only the IG FX work with the arcade buttons and can be loaded using preset 4. What I would like to do is make it so that the arcade buttons aren't dedicated to just the IG FX and can trigger whatever effect is loaded from another preset. The goal would be to be able to button mash IG-style but with different effects that are loaded from the different presets.
Cliff Lohman
Love ur mappings.. Will check this one out. I would def be interested in one that combines the cuepoint buttons (not sure if thats the deckalized one) with IG and beatmasher (and if you squeeze more effects in, thatll be pretty sweet - but can you expand on that part a bit? Do you mean that i could just choose an effect outside of the normal ig efx and use them?)

Im currently using your 2 deck Ig + 2 deck cuepoints mapping and it works great for my needs.

Thnx again for keeping the mappings nice and fresh (and super functional).
Meg Reinoehl
I suppose it could...
Carson Cadieux
I would also be interested in this mapping for the cue master. Thanks for your work on this!
Tawnya Attia
any way to adapt this mapping to the cue master ?
havent recieved my unit yet but i was curious if it
was possible.....

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy