Remapping Beat Masher deck focus action

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Remapping Beat Masher deck focus actionReply
Remapping Beat Masher deck focus action
Posted on: 08.03.2012 by Merry Piesik
I am a complete noob at mapping and am wondering if someone can tell me how to make a small mapping tweak to my Beat Masher. I use the Deck Focus AB mapping mostly and sometimes the Focus ABCD.

I've found that later in the evening after drinking a lot I get sloppy when I try and change the focus to another deck. Since you have to hold Shift and tap Sync to change the focus, I've found it is easy to screw up by accidentally releasing the finger holding Shift before the one hitting Sync which causes Sync to engage.

This will obviously cause the deck to lock BPM's with the master which has screwed me up on a number of occassions.

Can someone make a recommendation for how I can fix this? I'm believeing if I could change the deck focus action to Shift + some other button that would solve the problem... OR is it possible to change the bottom tempo buttons to deck assigns? That would actually be ideal for me because I don't use them now. Could you just make each button correspond with A, B, C, D and once once is pressed it changes the focus?

This would help me a bunch! Thanks guys!
Merry Piesik
Thanks Gapout. Your mapping sounds really interesting. Definitely let me know once you've finished it!

Can anyone else tell me how I can keep the Beat Masher Focus ABCD mapping as is, but change the bottom row to ABCD deck select?

Originally Posted by Gapout
I am almost done my new mapping for the Beatmasher

What i have done:

Kept the 4 fx presets the same but made it 4 banks mode with full instant gratification.

Top 4 rows is deck select...and the bottom 3 rows are exactly the same as the IG mapping.

What i am tweaking:

When i do deck switches some fx still are on and makes my effects go really weird so i am tweaking it as much as i can.

I will upload once i have it so it can be used for gigging.
Merry Piesik
I am a complete noob at mapping and am wondering if someone can tell me how to make a small mapping tweak to my Beat Masher. I use the Deck Focus AB mapping mostly and sometimes the Focus ABCD.

I've found that later in the evening after drinking a lot I get sloppy when I try and change the focus to another deck. Since you have to hold Shift and tap Sync to change the focus, I've found it is easy to screw up by accidentally releasing the finger holding Shift before the one hitting Sync which causes Sync to engage.

This will obviously cause the deck to lock BPM's with the master which has screwed me up on a number of occassions.

Can someone make a recommendation for how I can fix this? I'm believeing if I could change the deck focus action to Shift + some other button that would solve the problem... OR is it possible to change the bottom tempo buttons to deck assigns? That would actually be ideal for me because I don't use them now. Could you just make each button correspond with A, B, C, D and once once is pressed it changes the focus?

This would help me a bunch! Thanks guys!
Sarai Suchman
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=48415
Katelyn Hoctor
gapout im also interested in your mapping once created
Merry Piesik
Thanks Gapout. Your mapping sounds really interesting. Definitely let me know once you've finished it!

Can anyone else tell me how I can keep the Beat Masher Focus ABCD mapping as is, but change the bottom row to ABCD deck select?

Originally Posted by Gapout

What i have done:

Kept the 4 fx presets the same but made it 4 banks mode with full instant gratification.

Top 4 rows is deck select...and the bottom 3 rows are exactly the same as the IG mapping.

What i am tweaking:

When i do deck switches some fx still are on and makes my effects go really weird so i am tweaking it as much as i can.

Sarai Suchman

What i have done:

What i am tweaking:

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy