A few questions regarding the MF Pro and how to get it up and running

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: A few questions regarding the MF Pro and how to get it up and runningReply
A few questions regarding the MF Pro and how to get it up and running
Posted on: 29.03.2013 by Domonique Frontiera
Hi. New user here, so I'll attempt to make this as organized as possible.

I just received my MF Pro in the mail, and it seems to work okay. While in traktor, it responds to every button press (the CTRL light flashes)

But, I'm having problems mapping it, specifically getting maps with multiple banks to work.

So my questions are this.

1; Say I'm trying to use this midi map, which comes with 4 banks of control. There are 5 different .tsi files in the zip folder. In order to load the mapping, do I import > then select all 5 files?

2; assuming that I'm right to import all five, why is it that only the first bank of effects is working? And why won't the knobs or faders work on any of the midi maps I've tried?

I'm also wondering how exactly the banks work. I'm assuming each bank changes the octave of the set of midi keys, but my biggest problem is the way the banks work seem to be completely random. For example, using the MF utility, when I set "four banks mode" to "enable," it resets it to "legacy." Furthermore, the behavior of the lights in the four bank buttons seems to be inconsistent, ie sometimes they light up only while being pressed, sometimes they stay lit until pressed, and sometimes they behave the way I expect them to, which is staying off until being pressed and then remaining on.

Oh and I guess I should share information about my set up.

I'm using Traktor 2.5 on a macbook pro running osx v 10.7.5

Please help! I know this is the controller for me, I just can't seem to get it to behave correctly.
Domonique Frontiera
Hi. New user here, so I'll attempt to make this as organized as possible.

I just received my MF Pro in the mail, and it seems to work okay. While in traktor, it responds to every button press (the CTRL light flashes)

But, I'm having problems mapping it, specifically getting maps with multiple banks to work.

So my questions are this.

1; Say I'm trying to use this midi map, which comes with 4 banks of control. There are 5 different .tsi files in the zip folder. In order to load the mapping, do I import > then select all 5 files?

2; assuming that I'm right to import all five, why is it that only the first bank of effects is working? And why won't the knobs or faders work on any of the midi maps I've tried?

I'm also wondering how exactly the banks work. I'm assuming each bank changes the octave of the set of midi keys, but my biggest problem is the way the banks work seem to be completely random. For example, using the MF utility, when I set "four banks mode" to "enable," it resets it to "legacy." Furthermore, the behavior of the lights in the four bank buttons seems to be inconsistent, ie sometimes they light up only while being pressed, sometimes they stay lit until pressed, and sometimes they behave the way I expect them to, which is staying off until being pressed and then remaining on.

Oh and I guess I should share information about my set up.

I'm using Traktor 2.5 on a macbook pro running osx v 10.7.5

Please help! I know this is the controller for me, I just can't seem to get it to behave correctly.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy