MF Spectra: LED programing for "Gate" and "Ground Lighting"

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF Spectra: LED programing for "Gate" and "Ground Lighting"Reply
MF Spectra: LED programing for "Gate" and "Ground Lighting"
Posted on: 19.02.2013 by Maryalice Zwahlen
Hi guys,

very happy with my MF spectras.

Just a quick question with regards to the LED programming:

In "Setting Arcade Trigger Animation State" it says the MF can be set to "Gate" basically blinking up when the track is about to finish just like in Traktor itself. How do I map that? Do I need to add a function in the mapping or how does it work?

Same thing goes for the Ground lighting which I find so pimping, good move from you TechTools geniuses. But how do I program/map it??

Ta
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by JanuaryOne
thanks photojojo, i eventually found it
trying to get it to work properly though. not quite there yet.

the led that i want to flash as a track end warning in the last 30 seconds either flashes constantly regardless of position in the song. ive tried ticking "blend" but what that causes is even weirder: it has the led go on and off every ten seconds and then flashes at the end when the last 30 seconds are actually playing.

do you have a pointer again?
Seems you have mapped only animation velocity. Make sure to add out > Track End Warning and map it to desired button with velocity for the color display. Then duplicate this command and map it for the same MIDI note but in next MIDI channel regards to command you have mapped your color earlier. Now set velocity for the Gate animation and that's it.
Maryalice Zwahlen
Originally Posted by photojojo
I believe it's under add out>output.

the led that i want to flash as a track end warning in the last 30 seconds either flashes constantly regardless of position in the song. ive tried ticking "blend" but what that causes is even weirder: it has the led go on and off every ten seconds and then flashes at the end when the last 30 seconds are actually playing.

Leeanna Ayla
under which category do i find "track end warning" in traktor pro 1?

Maryalice Zwahlen
Originally Posted by Stewe
Which options are there? Screenshoot can help.

Hi stewe,

sorry for the huge delay. been sorting out some other issues with the controller. now back though.
attached please find a screenshot of the options in the original traktor pro version. do you know which one to use for the groundlighting?

ta

Bildschirmfoto 2013-03-27 um 13.24.02.png
Nedra Fresneda
Originally Posted by edeoldi
if you actually want to see the full effect of the ground LEDs, you'll have to get some rubber feet to elevate your MFS.

I believe the height of the rubber feet they have is just enough, more would be too gimmicky IMO.
Johnsie Zike
I played around a little with the "ground lighting" LEDs, an I thought I'd post my results for those, who are not sure how to do it:
I used a separate generic device, so everybody can add this to their existing setups.

Code:
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 E0   > modCon - Deck Play.Deck A=On > midirange=47
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 E0   > modCon - Deck Play.Deck B=On > midirange=47
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 E0   > modCon - Deck Play.Deck A=Off + Deck B=Off > midirange=43
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 F0   > modCon - Deck Play.Deck A=On > midirange=39
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 F0   > modCon - Deck Play.Deck B=On > midirange=39
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 F0   > modCon - Deck Play.Deck A=Off + Deck B=Off > midirange=43
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 F#0 > modCon - Deck Play.Deck A=On > midirange=39
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 F#0 > modCon - Deck Play.Deck B=On > midirange=39
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 F#0 > modCon - Deck Play.Deck A=Off + Deck B=Off > midirange=43
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 G0  > modCon - Deck Play.Deck A=On > midirange=47
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 G0  > modCon - Deck Play.Deck B=On > midirange=47
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 G0  > modCon - Deck Play.Deck A=Off + Deck B=Off > midirange=43
What this does is a nice combination of the Gate and the Pulse effect (both synced to the beat), while either or both decks are playing.
When none of the decks are playing, it'll show a slow Pulse effect, just like e.g. the MacBook Sleep LED.

In order for this to work, you'll need to enable the "Send MIDI Clock" option, located at Preferences > MIDI Clock.

I'll attach the .tsi file, so all you have to do is import it into your own setup.

Feel free to change anything or suggest improvements - playing with the midirange values is especially fun!
Oh and although this is pretty obvious: if you actually want to see the full effect of the ground LEDs, you'll have to get some rubber feet to elevate your MFS.

edeoldi_MFS_groundLED.tsi
Kellie Myrum
unfortunately there is no such thing as track deck in the Add in's in traktor pro 1.
any other ideas? thanks mate.
Maryalice Zwahlen
Under 'Track Deck' as I recall.
unfortunately there is no such thing as track deck in the Add in's in traktor pro 1.
Maryalice Zwahlen
Originally Posted by padi_04
It does indeed draw more power than the rest and you wouldn't want to plug your MF in a unpowered USB hub. That being said, I haven't found any power issues with my MB yet.
I dont use hubs at all, i only use the two usb connectors on my mbp directly. that should be fine right?
Kellie Myrum
Maryalice Zwahlen
Originally Posted by midifidler

Map "Track End Warning" to the button (for this example we will use the first arcade button which send CH3 C3)
Maryalice Zwahlen
Hi guys,

very happy with my MF spectras.

Just a quick question with regards to the LED programming:

In "Setting Arcade Trigger Animation State" it says the MF can be set to "Gate" basically blinking up when the track is about to finish just like in Traktor itself. How do I map that? Do I need to add a function in the mapping or how does it work?

Same thing goes for the Ground lighting which I find so pimping, good move from you TechTools geniuses. But how do I program/map it??

Ta
Kellie Myrum

Seems you have mapped only animation velocity. Make sure to add out > Track End Warning and map it to desired button with velocity for the color display. Then duplicate this command and map it for the same MIDI note but in next MIDI channel regards to command you have mapped your color earlier. Now set velocity for the Gate animation and that's it.
Maryalice Zwahlen
Originally Posted by photojojo

Leeanna Ayla

Maryalice Zwahlen

Hi stewe,

sorry for the huge delay. been sorting out some other issues with the controller. now back though.
attached please find a screenshot of the options in the original traktor pro version. do you know which one to use for the groundlighting?

ta

Bildschirmfoto 2013-03-27 um 13.24.02.png
Adolf Hit
The ground lighting effects will work without the MIDI clock, but fixed to 128 BPM.

Unfortunately the pulse animation is still a little janky when running from the MIDI clock, it appears much smoother when running from the internal clock.
Nedra Fresneda
Originally Posted by edeoldi
if you actually want to see the full effect of the ground LEDs, you'll have to get some rubber feet to elevate your MFS.

I believe the height of the rubber feet they have is just enough, more would be too gimmicky IMO.
Johnsie Zike
I played around a little with the "ground lighting" LEDs, an I thought I'd post my results for those, who are not sure how to do it:
I used a separate generic device, so everybody can add this to their existing setups.

Code:
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 E0   > modCon - Deck Play.Deck A=On > midirange=47
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 E0   > modCon - Deck Play.Deck B=On > midirange=47
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 E0   > modCon - Deck Play.Deck A=Off + Deck B=Off > midirange=43
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 F0   > modCon - Deck Play.Deck A=On > midirange=39
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 F0   > modCon - Deck Play.Deck B=On > midirange=39
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 F0   > modCon - Deck Play.Deck A=Off + Deck B=Off > midirange=43
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 F#0 > modCon - Deck Play.Deck A=On > midirange=39
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 F#0 > modCon - Deck Play.Deck B=On > midirange=39
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 F#0 > modCon - Deck Play.Deck A=Off + Deck B=Off > midirange=43
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 G0  > modCon - Deck Play.Deck A=On > midirange=47
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 G0  > modCon - Deck Play.Deck B=On > midirange=47
Add out > Mod 1 > Ch04 G0  > modCon - Deck Play.Deck A=Off + Deck B=Off > midirange=43
What this does is a nice combination of the Gate and the Pulse effect (both synced to the beat), while either or both decks are playing.
When none of the decks are playing, it'll show a slow Pulse effect, just like e.g. the MacBook Sleep LED.

In order for this to work, you'll need to enable the "Send MIDI Clock" option, located at Preferences > MIDI Clock.

I'll attach the .tsi file, so all you have to do is import it into your own setup.

Feel free to change anything or suggest improvements - playing with the midirange values is especially fun!
Oh and although this is pretty obvious: if you actually want to see the full effect of the ground LEDs, you'll have to get some rubber feet to elevate your MFS.

edeoldi_MFS_groundLED.tsi
Adolf Hit
@januaryone

That will be fine - the MF will work fine with all LEDs on white on any fully powered USB port, it would only start to give you issues if using an unpowered hub.
Kellie Myrum
Maryalice Zwahlen
Maryalice Zwahlen
Originally Posted by padi_04
It does indeed draw more power than the rest and you wouldn't want to plug your MF in a unpowered USB hub. That being said, I haven't found any power issues with my MB yet.
I dont use hubs at all, i only use the two usb connectors on my mbp directly. that should be fine right?
Kellie Myrum
Nedra Fresneda
Maryalice Zwahlen
Originally Posted by midifidler

Map "Track End Warning" to the button (for this example we will use the first arcade button which send CH3 C3)
Maryalice Zwahlen
thanks gents, busy trying that out right now.

on another note: i read somewhere that choosing white as a color can cause issues, due to white being the color that uses most electricity from the computer, is that just a rumor or is it safer to use another color?
Adolf Hit
Heya Januaryone.

Please check out the downloads tab on the spectra product page, the updated user guide has all the MIDI information, including the ground lighting.

To set an led as a track end warning I would do the following

1 Set the Color

Chose the color by changing the velocity, the easiest way is to just click and drag on the velocity value, if you dont see the color change make sure the deck is empty or stopped near the end of a track.

2 Set the Animation for this color

Duplicate the command above and then manually change it to Ch4 instead of three, use the same pitch (c3) as the previous command.

Now set the animation effect by changing the velocity, in this case we will set it to 39 for a 1/2 count flash rate.

Thats it!
Nedra Fresneda
http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...l=1#post579032

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy