I cannot get my MFP into Momentary mode [Ableton]

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: I cannot get my MFP into Momentary mode [Ableton]Reply
I cannot get my MFP into Momentary mode [Ableton]
Posted on: 26.03.2013 by Andrew Sandberg
Hey guys,

I can't seem to get my MFP to send #CC (momentary) to Ableton all I can get is note info. I've done the "hold down button whilst exiting midi map mode" but no luck. Every time I enter into Ableton's midi map mode and press a arcade button I get a midi note. I cannot get a #CC even by holding it whilst exiting. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Andrew Sandberg
Hey guys,

I can't seem to get my MFP to send #CC (momentary) to Ableton all I can get is note info. I've done the "hold down button whilst exiting midi map mode" but no luck. Every time I enter into Ableton's midi map mode and press a arcade button I get a midi note. I cannot get a #CC even by holding it whilst exiting. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Adolf Hit
Hey Upright,

Yes I would start by uninstalling the utility, checking the install location to make sure ALL files where removed and then installing again.

I have PM'd you so we can sort this out via email.
Andrew Sandberg
Thanks for your patience. I sure am. When I press the "send to MF" button and then open the MF utility it shows that the MF is still in Traktor mode. Perhaps I should uninstall and reinstall the MF Utility?
Adolf Hit
Hey Upright - are you pushing the large blue send to Midi Fighter button after setting it to "Ableton Mode"

That is required to actually save the new settings to the device.

Best Regards,

Michael
Andrew Sandberg
Yes I sure did. The funny thing is, is that every time I open the midi fighter utility it says my MF is in Traktor mode, when I switch it, write it to the MF, close the MF utility, open the utility again...it says I'm in Traktor mode. Is this normal? Should I delete the MF utility and reinstall it?

Thanks for the help
Adolf Hit
Hey Upright - Have you set the software mode to Ableton using the utility?

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy