Midifighter button modification Howto

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midifighter button modification HowtoReply
Midifighter button modification Howto
Posted on: 24.04.2010 by Jasmine Flitter
Hi folks,

I was sick of the noise my arcade buttons made when i tried to beatjuggle, I was iritated by the sound and couldn't conzentrate on my musik, getting the right rythm hard.

So i did a modification to my buttons.

Basically I did put a small foam rubber damper under the button to compensate the klick klack sound.

If you want to do it yourself i suggest you search for a thin foam rubber which is only 0.5 to 1mm thick (mine was 2mm thats why I did the tideous cutting marathon)

If you go over 2mm the button won't be tzriggered anymore !

The images do tell the procedure better than my words.

press the big hooks jently and aply firm presure for the small unflexible hooks to get yur buttons out of the panel

the side cutouts are not needed if you go for a thin foam rubber it should fit at the bottom !

make sure the white slide has enough room

OLFA circular cutter was used ...

my foam rubber was to thick, don't do this, instead search for a thin foam rubber, its easier and more consistent.

This Video shows the different sound "poorly" but i believe you get the idea. I can say its way better now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F1m2SqGQg
sound fixed ...
Jasmine Flitter
Hi folks,

I was sick of the noise my arcade buttons made when i tried to beatjuggle, I was iritated by the sound and couldn't conzentrate on my musik, getting the right rythm hard.

So i did a modification to my buttons.

Basically I did put a small foam rubber damper under the button to compensate the klick klack sound.

If you want to do it yourself i suggest you search for a thin foam rubber which is only 0.5 to 1mm thick (mine was 2mm thats why I did the tideous cutting marathon)

If you go over 2mm the button won't be tzriggered anymore !

The images do tell the procedure better than my words.

press the big hooks jently and aply firm presure for the small unflexible hooks to get yur buttons out of the panel

the side cutouts are not needed if you go for a thin foam rubber it should fit at the bottom !

make sure the white slide has enough room

OLFA circular cutter was used ...

my foam rubber was to thick, don't do this, instead search for a thin foam rubber, its easier and more consistent.

This Video shows the different sound "poorly" but i believe you get the idea. I can say its way better now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F1m2SqGQg
sound fixed ...
An Boldosser
what if you used plastidip instead? just shouting out an idea. what about those with spectra or 3Ds? i wouldn't mind doing this mod, i can solder, but is there a quick/easier way to get the button tops out? i'd prefer not to completely disassemble my midi fighters and unsolder the buttons
Klara Kinnebrew
Most if not all craft stores sell foam.
Ming Toffoli
where did you get that foam?
robert chanda
Excellent post. Bravo!
Danae Dumler
Very badass! I kind of like the clicks but I can see what you mean ... it kind of reminds me of clicking the fader on my first cheap ass scratch mixer way back when....
Randal Biza
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
Kecia Wnukowski
great idea
Brunilda Kora
Nice mod - I can see it becoming a "must mod" for a lot of jugglers.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy