Cannot get Alternate Firmware to flash on Spectra

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Cannot get Alternate Firmware to flash on SpectraReply
Cannot get Alternate Firmware to flash on Spectra
Posted on: 29.04.2013 by Caprice Segreto
So I've tried this multiple times. I've cleared my F1 drivers and reinstalled them, reinstalled the midifighter utility, and tried all three of my USB ports on the laptop (no hubs). When I try to flash the alternate firmware for Remix Decks, I get the following in my log.

checking latest version
Serial Number: <invalid>
finished downloading
Contacting DJTechTools...
Downloading HEX file
Download success
Putting Midifighter into bootloader mode...
SEND: f0 00 01 79 03 01 f7
Flashing the Midifighter...
Failed to find a Midifighter in Bootloader mode.
Cleaning up...
Any idea how to get this flashed so I can use the Spectra for remix deck? When it talks about putting it into bootloader mode, I hear the normal disconnect/connect sounds for a usb device. So I'm just not sure. I've even tried running the MF Utility in administrator mode. If it makes a difference I'm running Windows 8.

Suggestions?
Caprice Segreto
So I've tried this multiple times. I've cleared my F1 drivers and reinstalled them, reinstalled the midifighter utility, and tried all three of my USB ports on the laptop (no hubs). When I try to flash the alternate firmware for Remix Decks, I get the following in my log.

checking latest version
Serial Number: <invalid>
finished downloading
Contacting DJTechTools...
Downloading HEX file
Download success
Putting Midifighter into bootloader mode...
Flashing the Midifighter...
Failed to find a Midifighter in Bootloader mode.
Cleaning up...
Any idea how to get this flashed so I can use the Spectra for remix deck? When it talks about putting it into bootloader mode, I hear the normal disconnect/connect sounds for a usb device. So I'm just not sure. I've even tried running the MF Utility in administrator mode. If it makes a difference I'm running Windows 8.

Suggestions?
Caprice Segreto
Good idea about another comp with Win7, wish I had thought about that. I did contact support though and they got me hooked up with a beta of the utility that did the trick.
Shawnta Orenstein
I dont actually know if the Win 8 problem is solved for the MF Utility but when i got my Spectra there was an issue with flashing the firmware in Win 8 and it was mentioned somewhere that this would be solved in an update. I went back to Win 7 as i got more and more annoyed with Win 8 so i solved it that way.

Or maybe if you have access to another computer with Win 7 just flash it on there and BAM there you go just plug it in to your Win 8 computer and you are all set for Remix Decks

//Buffaz

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy