MIDI Fighter - Spectra & Sampling

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MIDI Fighter - Spectra & SamplingReply
MIDI Fighter - Spectra & Sampling
Posted on: 21.05.2013 by Daniele Gavlin
So i've been playing around with Midi Fighter - Insta Grat. mappings.

But i was wondering if there was a mappings that could turn the Spectra into an MPC type machine.
Are there any mappings that is devoted to playing samples and cues rather than just FX?

Thanks!
Daniele Gavlin
So i've been playing around with Midi Fighter - Insta Grat. mappings.

But i was wondering if there was a mappings that could turn the Spectra into an MPC type machine.
Are there any mappings that is devoted to playing samples and cues rather than just FX?

Thanks!
Nedra Fresneda
Both the Spectra and 3D can emulate the F1 firmware but to really achieve what you are after i'd say map it to Ableton's drum racks (you'll have higher polyphony).

The remix decks are locked to the F1 but can be used with the mentioned Midi Fighters. There are hacks out there for the rest but I personally haven't tried them in a long while so I can't recommend any for that simple reason. The limitation you see (mapping only the top row) is indeed a software limitation. NI has promised opening up the remix decks to all controllers in the future but they haven't stated when yet.
Daniele Gavlin
So there's no way a midi fighter can be mapped like an MPC?
Strange...

How come only the top 4 slots can be programmed to play one-shot loops? (Software issue?)

What about a midi fighter mapping that is mapped to the Remix decks on Traktor Pro 2.6?
Maybe the 2nd, 3rd, 4th rows can play a one-shot loop for a sample on the remix deck?

Bascially im trying to use the midi fighter as a one-shot loop player.
I'm trying to make some instrumentals and maybe some remixing with an mpc-style mapping.
Kellie Myrum
Mapping allows only four top sample slots to be set as trigger type (looped/one-shot) which means that your request isn't valid. You have some other ideas?
Daniele Gavlin
That would be awesome thanks!
It would be pretty simple i believe.

Each command/button on the MidiFighter Spectra would play a sample from the remix deck.
Double-tap would put it on loop, and single-tap would play the sample once and then end.
Kellie Myrum
What layout do you need? I could make one let me know...
Nedra Fresneda
The Spectra can emulate the F1's remix deck behavior.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy