Whats a MIDI Fighter, and what is the point of it?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Whats a MIDI Fighter, and what is the point of it?Reply
Whats a MIDI Fighter, and what is the point of it?
Posted on: 29.05.2013 by Shila Abeja
as far as i know, its just a set of buttons that you can attach to a sound or loop. Although it does seem fun, i dont see the usefulness in this? Same thing with maschine, cant you just do the samething on software?

Whats the point of it? Spicing up a DJ set?
An Boldosser
Originally Posted by Jscherz
cant you just do the samething on software?
and just to clear things up, its a physical midi interface, take the 3D and PRO for example, they also have tilt features, knobs and sliders that can be mapped to control software, where this gives more physical control of the software. If your good with a mouse and a keyboard then sure, you may not need a controller, but let me give you an example (small but makes a point). Some of the buttons i frequently use on my MF3D during sets i have mapped to samples or sound effects, i also have the tilts to control LFO, gate, clip position, yadda yadda. Point is, i know i couldn't physically adjust all of these at the same time while also doing 3 finger rolls on a keyboard and mouse. (plus it sends midi notes & cc's at the same time)

so Thank you DJTT for the Midi Fighter
Shila Abeja
as far as i know, its just a set of buttons that you can attach to a sound or loop. Although it does seem fun, i dont see the usefulness in this? Same thing with maschine, cant you just do the samething on software?

Whats the point of it? Spicing up a DJ set?
An Boldosser
Originally Posted by Jscherz
cant you just do the samething on software?
and just to clear things up, its a physical midi interface, take the 3D and PRO for example, they also have tilt features, knobs and sliders that can be mapped to control software, where this gives more physical control of the software. If your good with a mouse and a keyboard then sure, you may not need a controller, but let me give you an example (small but makes a point). Some of the buttons i frequently use on my MF3D during sets i have mapped to samples or sound effects, i also have the tilts to control LFO, gate, clip position, yadda yadda. Point is, i know i couldn't physically adjust all of these at the same time while also doing 3 finger rolls on a keyboard and mouse. (plus it sends midi notes & cc's at the same time)

so Thank you DJTT for the Midi Fighter
Kellie Myrum
My custom mapping wouldn't agree. Calculate 4x4 button grid with 25 layers
Brunilda Kora
The midi fighter is 16 arcade buttons that send midi.

Mothing more, nothing less.
An Boldosser
respectively of coarse, but watch some videos on it/the mappings/and what people use it for in their daily music production and DJ gigs. If it doesn't seem like something you could use, then don't purchase one.

i'm in no way trying to sell you on one, but if you are familiar with ableton and their controllers ie push, launch pad, and other companies controllers, maudio trigger finger, mpcs, lpd8, nanopad, and the list goes on, you will see what people use these for. the midi fighter has taken it to the next level with better buttons and functions for the working DJ/Producer with a product that is affordable, more responsive, and extremely durable. and the way it is designed it can be used for not JUST one platform, people are making mappings for other software or you yourself can map it to your software of your choice.
Kellie Myrum
You can do what ever your creativity allows you to imagine. Loaded with proper mapping, it's like having a robot army under some buttons.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy