Midi Fighter 3D dev troubles

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter 3D dev troublesReply
Midi Fighter 3D dev troubles
Posted on: 14.06.2013 by Margot Tamburini
Hello,

I'm currently implementing support for MF3D in FL Studio, for performance mode.
It's going well with a few troubles:

-after the most recent firmware upgrade, white isn't accessable anymore. The spec sheet says 7..12 for white, but it's just black here. However a workaround is to set all pad default colors to white in the utility, and use velocity 127.

-another bug is that the rotation to the right message sends a value of zero when you reach the angle limit (no problem with the left message). Solved by ignoring zero (I could interpret zero as 127, but then a firmware fix would make it even worse)

-at first I was gonna implement my own blinking (blinking synced to beats, I wish controllers that feature their own blinking also let the host control the blinking step btw), but the device (on Windows 7) seems to be very slow to refresh, & repainting all 16 pads using 2 CC's each takes quite some time. Not a huge deal, the Launchpad controller is this slow too, and the problem was solved by doing updates in a side thread. However for some strange reason, refreshing the Midi Fighter from a side thread still manages to mess with the process's GUI thread, how can that be?

(I'm assigning the on-screen clip color hues to the pads, that works well enough, but full RGB access would have been nice)

Other than that, nice controller, I love the buttons. I wish there were top-side "triggers" (like on a GBA) (or better, triggers right under the top rubber pads in the back, that's where you hold it), that would be more handy than the side buttons when holding it while using thumbs.

Btw the safety random questions must be broken, that or "Barack Obama" isn't the president of the US anymore
Margot Tamburini
Hello,

I'm currently implementing support for MF3D in FL Studio, for performance mode.
It's going well with a few troubles:

-after the most recent firmware upgrade, white isn't accessable anymore. The spec sheet says 7..12 for white, but it's just black here. However a workaround is to set all pad default colors to white in the utility, and use velocity 127.

-another bug is that the rotation to the right message sends a value of zero when you reach the angle limit (no problem with the left message). Solved by ignoring zero (I could interpret zero as 127, but then a firmware fix would make it even worse)

-at first I was gonna implement my own blinking (blinking synced to beats, I wish controllers that feature their own blinking also let the host control the blinking step btw), but the device (on Windows 7) seems to be very slow to refresh, & repainting all 16 pads using 2 CC's each takes quite some time. Not a huge deal, the Launchpad controller is this slow too, and the problem was solved by doing updates in a side thread. However for some strange reason, refreshing the Midi Fighter from a side thread still manages to mess with the process's GUI thread, how can that be?

(I'm assigning the on-screen clip color hues to the pads, that works well enough, but full RGB access would have been nice)

Other than that, nice controller, I love the buttons. I wish there were top-side "triggers" (like on a GBA) (or better, triggers right under the top rubber pads in the back, that's where you hold it), that would be more handy than the side buttons when holding it while using thumbs.

Btw the safety random questions must be broken, that or "Barack Obama" isn't the president of the US anymore

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy