Midi fighter spectra replaceable top?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi fighter spectra replaceable top?Reply
Midi fighter spectra replaceable top?
Posted on: 11.06.2013 by Loralee Erban
I have ordered a spectra and was wondering if anyone knows if the top is user replaceable.
I was stuck between the wooden finish and the clear and as a carpenter I decided to go with the clear as I can get hold of some nice timber and put it through a cnc / router to make a replica.

Does anyone know if the top just screws off and roughly what thickness is it?

Thanks,
Mr Stiffy.
Loralee Erban
I have ordered a spectra and was wondering if anyone knows if the top is user replaceable.
I was stuck between the wooden finish and the clear and as a carpenter I decided to go with the clear as I can get hold of some nice timber and put it through a cnc / router to make a replica.

Does anyone know if the top just screws off and roughly what thickness is it?

Thanks,
Mr Stiffy.
Loralee Erban
I actually love the clear top since ive had a chance to play around with it, it shows so much colour
Adolf Hit
That would totally work!
Loralee Erban
Oh shame.... maybe the thought of a 3mm timber veneer to sit over the outside of the buttons then
Adolf Hit
Hey DJ Stiffy,

It is possible to do, but as Stewe points out will require de-soldering all the arcade buttons, any damage caused by this will not be covered under warranty, however if you take it slow you will be fine.
Kellie Myrum
Hope you got some solidering skills because you'll need to un-solider all the buttons before loosing the top plate and put them back later.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy