LED out not working

LED out not working
Posted on: 24.06.2013 by Shu Dietiker
Hi

I've been trying to map an LED out to the loop command I set but I can't figure out how to do that.

I've mapped the MF3D

Ch03 Note E2 - Type of controller: Button - Intercation Mode: Direct - Assignment: Deck A - Set to Value 1

How do I make an LED out active when the "loop" command is set on? I know that I the value for the On command should be 76 due to the color green.

Any input appreciated.

MOE
Shu Dietiker
Originally Posted by DjYanaki
Anyway to make the LEDs flash to the loop?
Use MIDI range to choose a color. Download the MF3D manual. Midi ranges are written inside.
Love Kocurek
Originally Posted by Stewe
You'll be fine as long as each device is selected to MF.

Only way to map cue colors is by assigning modifier conditions. For example if you want to lite green when your loop is stored go ahead and try this:

Add Out > Track Deck > Cue > Hotcue 1 Type
click modifier condition slot > select hotcue 1 type > assign to deck
click slot value > assign LOOP
use MIDI range to choose a color

Done.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by moey2k2001
Would you suggest to leave it? Or use a unique one on each bank? But since I am using the in/out ports to the specific MF3D, is it possible that adding more gear could collide in the mappings?

I wanted to send LED feedback but I cant get it to work. I got LED feedback that are always on. How about Hot Cues, how to I send unique feedback depending on what's saved in a song on each load? Ex. Loops, Load, Cues identical colours.
Only way to map cue colors is by assigning modifier conditions. For example if you want to lite green when your loop is stored go ahead and try this:

Done.
Kellie Myrum
Could it be that I messed up? As you know the MF3D has 4 Banks which I enabled them including the RemixDeckFirmware.
I used the "Modifier 1" basically on three pages so far. Technically its the same shift button, or not?
It is a same modifier but it's not the same shift because each bank is sending unique midi note. Meaning, if you press that shift in any of banks the same modifier will be activated unless you add multiple mapping devices and assign each bank for individual modifier.
Shu Dietiker
Nope. It's 'is in Active Loop' under Deck common menu > list bottom.

Should be 66 for green if 3D now has same LED velocity as Spectra.
No on the 3D its different according to the documentation. Oh now I found it. I'm not working it for some reason.Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 3.19.08 AM.jpg
Shu Dietiker
Hi

I've been trying to map an LED out to the loop command I set but I can't figure out how to do that.

I've mapped the MF3D

Ch03 Note E2 - Type of controller: Button - Intercation Mode: Direct - Assignment: Deck A - Set to Value 1

How do I make an LED out active when the "loop" command is set on? I know that I the value for the On command should be 76 due to the color green.

Any input appreciated.

MOE
Shu Dietiker
Originally Posted by DjYanaki
Use MIDI range to choose a color. Download the MF3D manual. Midi ranges are written inside.
Love Kocurek

Done.
Shu Dietiker
Thnx. I decided to keep them on the whole time instead. It gets too confusing when working with all decks and too many colors. I left all loops lit green and cue points 2 different ones for each deck so I can recognize the difference.
Kellie Myrum
Would you suggest to leave it? Or use a unique one on each bank? But since I am using the in/out ports to the specific MF3D, is it possible that adding more gear could collide in the mappings?

I wanted to send LED feedback but I cant get it to work. I got LED feedback that are always on. How about Hot Cues, how to I send unique feedback depending on what's saved in a song on each load? Ex. Loops, Load, Cues identical colours.

Done.
Shu Dietiker

Kellie Myrum
Could it be that I messed up? As you know the MF3D has 4 Banks which I enabled them including the RemixDeckFirmware.
I used the "Modifier 1" basically on three pages so far. Technically its the same shift button, or not?
It is a same modifier but it's not the same shift because each bank is sending unique midi note. Meaning, if you press that shift in any of banks the same modifier will be activated unless you add multiple mapping devices and assign each bank for individual modifier.
Shu Dietiker

Bank1 & Bank 4 should control Deck A & B. Simple mapping such as Play, Cue, Sync, Loops & Hot Cues. Bank 2 should be EQ. Bank 3 FXs.

So far I've mapped all except Bank 3. I havent figured out the right settings for LEDs on Loops & Hot Cues. Everything else works like a charm.
Kellie Myrum
I can't say for sure about 3D though... Try setting range to 1-1 and combine blend.

Not all controllers are treating traktor output the same.
Shu Dietiker
Yes. I cant imagine it being wrong. I even tried a different button that has no button and mapped all functions there but also didn't work.
Kellie Myrum
You have correct modifier condition there?
Shu Dietiker

No on the 3D its different according to the documentation. Oh now I found it. I'm not working it for some reason.Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 3.19.08 AM.jpg
Kellie Myrum

Shu Dietiker
Out > Loop Active On ? Or not?
Min 77 for light green and 76 for bright when on. Min 0, Max 0. ???
Kellie Myrum
Add out > 'is in Active Loop' Using this command?

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy