MIDIfighter Spectra - Double Deck Focus advanced mapping [TRAKTOR]

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MIDIfighter Spectra - Double Deck Focus advanced mapping [TRAKTOR]Reply
MIDIfighter Spectra - Double Deck Focus advanced mapping [TRAKTOR]
Posted on: 13.05.2013 by Kellie Myrum
Hey guys,

I'm introducing one of my favorite mapping tricks to you. I call it 'Double Deck Focus' and it gives me ability to control any of four decks in both of the focuses and you can actually do that from a single MF bank. This idea clicked to me when I heard people complaining about an S4 deck select buttons saying that using switches A/C and B/D were pretty limiting if someone want to control A+C or B+D at same time. I found this concept essential for Digital DJs and Controllerists who uses four deck mixing from a single device.

Download here: https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1536

Download content: Full control diagrams, MFS file that you need to import in the MF utility and TSI file which needs to be imported to Traktor.

Main features:

Bank 1 - Double Focus Transport
Bank 2 - Double Focus Hotcue
Bank 3 - Browser Mode
Bank 4 - Track Prep Tool
Side buttons #3 are shift layer function in all banks

Double Focus transport:

Once the mapping is loaded and you select DF bank you'll notice eight buttons pulsing in dim blue. Those are there to remind that you need to activate each focus because they are created out of modifiers. Hold shift and this buttons will stop pulsing. While shift is on hold hit any of this buttons to select deck target for each focus (see pic), release the shift and you'll have all the basic transport controls for deck you have selected - easy as that. You can see selected deck or change deck selection at any time via both left or right shift buttons.

Double Focus hotcue:

Same principals are applied for hotcue bank as well but with exception that left shift is being used to select deck target and right shift is used to delete a hotcue.

Browser mode:

Image should explain all the features in this bank. Only thing I would add is that you can hold shift (L/R) and press deck load buttons to unload decks. Deck empty (solid red), deck loaded (solid green) and deck playing (flash random color to green on beat). There are two clear buttons for custom mapping if you want to add some other commands in your own preference. Also, pressing Browse bank button will automatically switch to browser view and pressing any other bank buttons will switch view back to decks.

Track Prep Tool:

Use this bank to take care of your grids in any of four decks! You can hold shift and top button row will display (Traktor) deck focus and select desired deck. Image makes it pretty clear.

Let me know what you believe alright

Stewe,
Kellie Myrum
Hey guys,

I'm introducing one of my favorite mapping tricks to you. I call it 'Double Deck Focus' and it gives me ability to control any of four decks in both of the focuses and you can actually do that from a single MF bank. This idea clicked to me when I heard people complaining about an S4 deck select buttons saying that using switches A/C and B/D were pretty limiting if someone want to control A+C or B+D at same time. I found this concept essential for Digital DJs and Controllerists who uses four deck mixing from a single device.

Download here: https://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/1536

Download content: Full control diagrams, MFS file that you need to import in the MF utility and TSI file which needs to be imported to Traktor.

Main features:

Bank 1 - Double Focus Transport
Bank 2 - Double Focus Hotcue
Bank 3 - Browser Mode
Bank 4 - Track Prep Tool
Side buttons #3 are shift layer function in all banks

Double Focus transport:

Once the mapping is loaded and you select DF bank you'll notice eight buttons pulsing in dim blue. Those are there to remind that you need to activate each focus because they are created out of modifiers. Hold shift and this buttons will stop pulsing. While shift is on hold hit any of this buttons to select deck target for each focus (see pic), release the shift and you'll have all the basic transport controls for deck you have selected - easy as that. You can see selected deck or change deck selection at any time via both left or right shift buttons.

Double Focus hotcue:

Same principals are applied for hotcue bank as well but with exception that left shift is being used to select deck target and right shift is used to delete a hotcue.

Browser mode:

Image should explain all the features in this bank. Only thing I would add is that you can hold shift (L/R) and press deck load buttons to unload decks. Deck empty (solid red), deck loaded (solid green) and deck playing (flash random color to green on beat). There are two clear buttons for custom mapping if you want to add some other commands in your own preference. Also, pressing Browse bank button will automatically switch to browser view and pressing any other bank buttons will switch view back to decks.

Track Prep Tool:

Use this bank to take care of your grids in any of four decks! You can hold shift and top button row will display (Traktor) deck focus and select desired deck. Image makes it pretty clear.

Let me know what you believe alright

Stewe,
Kellie Myrum
Yep, totally possible. Take a look at this DJTT article.
Tamra Millus
tell us more Stewe!! I want do remap my Mfc so i can use efx on two decks!

want to use one button as a shift, so i can focus two decks.. is that possible you believe?
Kellie Myrum
Thanks man! I made this Double Focus mapping for my BCD3000 in while back as well

Thought that Spectra should have one.
Nedra Fresneda
Nice! I did something similar but for the X1 a while back

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy