Midi Fighter Classic NOT WORKING

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter Classic NOT WORKINGReply
Midi Fighter Classic NOT WORKING
Posted on: 10.07.2011 by Marvel Desisto
So I just purchased a new Midi Fighter Classic and the top two rows of buttons aren't working in the instant gratification mapping (except for the freeze button all the way to the right in the third row). I've already tried:

Re-importing the mapping (over three times) into Traktor Pro 2 (using the BIG import button on the left hand side of the seeting menu)

Installing the latest firmware (interestingly it says "Failed to find a Midifighter in Bootloader Mode" when I did this)

When I press the buttons, there is no midid signal received in Traktor, so I thought it might be a hardware connection issue. I took out the buttons that weren't working and re-installed them. Still not working.

My setup is:

Midi Fighter Classic
S4
Traktor Pro 2
iMac running OS X 10.5.8

Oh and another thing that I though was weird is that even though I have it setup in 4 Decks mode, I am unable to control decks B, C, and D with the midifighter...

Any thoughts on what's going on here?

Thanks,

strider
Marvel Desisto
Originally Posted by Audeo
Soldering isn't really necessary. Just poke a paperclip in two of the holes.
The only two holes that are there labeled "Reset" and "Boot" Are those the two holes you're referring to? I'm touching them both with the paper clip, but I still don't get the 7 option keys and flashing exit key indicating I have entered menu mode...
Marvel Desisto
Originally Posted by weltraumpapst
dont need to solder anything to get into menu mode..

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=9961
Sorry, I wasn't clear...I tried entering menu mode as it describes the process in the above link (Holding down the upper right hand corner key, while plugging in the usb cable), but I it didn't work, therefore, I concluded that I couldn't get it in menu mode b/c I don't have the option of soldering the reset button.
Marvel Desisto
So I just purchased a new Midi Fighter Classic and the top two rows of buttons aren't working in the instant gratification mapping (except for the freeze button all the way to the right in the third row). I've already tried:

Re-importing the mapping (over three times) into Traktor Pro 2 (using the BIG import button on the left hand side of the seeting menu)

Installing the latest firmware (interestingly it says "Failed to find a Midifighter in Bootloader Mode" when I did this)

When I press the buttons, there is no midid signal received in Traktor, so I thought it might be a hardware connection issue. I took out the buttons that weren't working and re-installed them. Still not working.

My setup is:

Midi Fighter Classic
S4
Traktor Pro 2
iMac running OS X 10.5.8

Oh and another thing that I though was weird is that even though I have it setup in 4 Decks mode, I am unable to control decks B, C, and D with the midifighter...

Any thoughts on what's going on here?

Thanks,

strider
Chanda Abdoo
the links of the paper clip description are inactive.. can someone explain it again?.. i have an old midi fighter classic mk1.2..

thanks
Marvel Desisto
Thanks for all the responses/input from everybody to my original post.

It turns out I have a faulty PCB. Sending it back to DjTT for repair/ replacement.

-strider
Harley Hendzel
after you do the paper clip, you have to unplug the usb cable. then, while holding the top left button, plug in the usb cable to get into the menu.
Marvel Desisto
Originally Posted by Audeo
The only two holes that are there labeled "Reset" and "Boot" Are those the two holes you're referring to? I'm touching them both with the paper clip, but I still don't get the 7 option keys and flashing exit key indicating I have entered menu mode...
Venetta Cawyer
Marvel Desisto
Originally Posted by weltraumpapst

Sorry, I wasn't clear...I tried entering menu mode as it describes the process in the above link (Holding down the upper right hand corner key, while plugging in the usb cable), but I it didn't work, therefore, I concluded that I couldn't get it in menu mode b/c I don't have the option of soldering the reset button.
robin loo

To enter Menu Mode, hold down the top-left key while resetting the
Midifighter. You can power on the Midifigher by either by plugging in the
USB cable, or by pressing an optional 6mm tactile "reset" switch that can be
soldered to the top left of the motherboard.
Marvel Desisto
After reading your post, and going here:

http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...ght=banks+mode

I am unable to get it to enter menu mode as I don't have a solderer...is there another way to put it in 4 banks mode?
Kristofer Krauel
Did you pit it into 4 banks mode?

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy