Not sure if my MIDI Fighter 3D is working correctly

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Not sure if my MIDI Fighter 3D is working correctlyReply
Not sure if my MIDI Fighter 3D is working correctly
Posted on: 27.09.2013 by Jona Lawrenson
Just got a MIDI fighter 3D and have some issues with HID mode.

Im running the BeauBryte Midi Fighter 3D All-in-1 Pack mapping with Traktor 2.6.4 and the Remix Deck Firmware.

My issue is that the side buttons or combos that use the side buttons do not always work. Traktor does not register a command. For example, if I'm trying to page up or down in the remix decks it might take 2-3 presses of the button to work. Worse is trying to stop a deck from playing, this should be accomplished by left side button 3 and the focus button above the remix deck I want to stop. This takes multiple tries. Also if I have two remix decks open changing between the two using the top right side buttons works maybe 30% of the time. As I mentioned earlier Traktor doesnt even register a command when I press the button.

Ive tried reloading the firmware multiple times, multiple mappings, new usb cable etc and nothing works. I really like the midi fighter, but I'm afraid in a performance I cant accept a button not doing what I need it to.

I have none of these problems with the f1.

Any ideas? Did I just get a lemon or am I doing something wrong.

Also the Mad Zach Soundpack player Beta, its seems like no matter what I do I cant get samples to load into. I drag them to the squares and nothing happens.

Thanks,
Jona Lawrenson
Just got a MIDI fighter 3D and have some issues with HID mode.

Im running the BeauBryte Midi Fighter 3D All-in-1 Pack mapping with Traktor 2.6.4 and the Remix Deck Firmware.

My issue is that the side buttons or combos that use the side buttons do not always work. Traktor does not register a command. For example, if I'm trying to page up or down in the remix decks it might take 2-3 presses of the button to work. Worse is trying to stop a deck from playing, this should be accomplished by left side button 3 and the focus button above the remix deck I want to stop. This takes multiple tries. Also if I have two remix decks open changing between the two using the top right side buttons works maybe 30% of the time. As I mentioned earlier Traktor doesnt even register a command when I press the button.

Ive tried reloading the firmware multiple times, multiple mappings, new usb cable etc and nothing works. I really like the midi fighter, but I'm afraid in a performance I cant accept a button not doing what I need it to.

I have none of these problems with the f1.

Any ideas? Did I just get a lemon or am I doing something wrong.

Also the Mad Zach Soundpack player Beta, its seems like no matter what I do I cant get samples to load into. I drag them to the squares and nothing happens.

Thanks,
Kellie Myrum
Sounds like a mechanical issue. I have one side button on my Spectra doing the same thing
Jona Lawrenson
Also something else I have noticed. It looks like when using the effects only tilting it forward and back adjusts anything. Left and right, even though the colors change, seems to do nothing. Twisting it does nothing either.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy