Midi Fighter Spectra driver problem

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter Spectra driver problemReply
Midi Fighter Spectra driver problem
Posted on: 28.01.2013 by Arturo Danler
Got my Spectra today and it looks sweet, however I keep getting device errors and its failing to send any midi.

When I first plugged it in and windows started looking for drivers, everything installed correctly apart from "USB Input Device" which failed. In device manager it has a hazard symbol and says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".
Tried to update but didn't work.

The lights light up fine and I can send different colours with the utility. The utility will not boot menu mode or bootloader mode. Bootloader mode works manually but menu does not. I tried manually going into bootloader mode and installing driver from the utility's directory but said it was up to date. Also will not update from utility (because will not go into bootloader).

Running windows 7 64bit. Have an original midi fighter that works fine. Please help guys!
Thea Sirmans
yup every thing look up to date mf utility
firmware : 07 Mar 2013

(MY HP PC Running windows 7 32bit with 3gigs of ram)

i have this

USB composite device ready to use
midi fighter spectra ready to use

:::USB input device x Failed :::
this device cannot start CODE 10

when i try the bootloader DFU thing for windows 64bit i get the
i try downlaoding it from my MF utility files i get
::: the best driver software for this device is already installed

ATMEGA32U4 DFU Bootloader

do i need to map it first then the usb input device works or what??
cuz idk what to do
20130524_170146.jpg20130524_165609.jpg
Thea Sirmans
20130524_205411.jpg

IM running Windows 7 32bit 3gig of ram i3-2310m cpu @ 2.10 GHz
Thea Sirmans
20130524_165609.jpg20130524_170146.jpg
Thea Sirmans
Originally Posted by midifidler
Hi DnBass

The "USB Input device" is a red herring, that is the HID interface which has no function (yet) in standard mode. You should still see the USB MIDI interface called Midi Fighter Spectra under audio & game controllers.

Does it work in other MIDI Applications?
So I just got my midi fighter spectra today and I'm having this same problem as ( DnBass ). USB input device failed! (This device cannot start Code 10) I uninstalled the midi fight like 3 times and rebooted my pc and still nothing but the samething

help!
Adolf Hit
Hey Catman,

The part which fails to start is the HID interface which is not used in the standard firmware. While this might look like a bug its not, I know it is a bit of a red herring!

Please contact DJTT support and they will be able to quickly sort out any issue you might have getting it set up.
Constance Banda
I have the same problem, is no one here who can help ?
Thea Sirmans
yup every thing look up to date mf utility
firmware : 07 Mar 2013

(MY HP PC Running windows 7 32bit with 3gigs of ram)

i have this

USB composite device ready to use
midi fighter spectra ready to use

:::USB input device x Failed :::
this device cannot start CODE 10

when i try the bootloader DFU thing for windows 64bit i get the
i try downlaoding it from my MF utility files i get
::: the best driver software for this device is already installed

ATMEGA32U4 DFU Bootloader

do i need to map it first then the usb input device works or what??
cuz idk what to do
20130524_170146.jpg20130524_165609.jpg
Thea Sirmans
20130524_205411.jpg

IM running Windows 7 32bit 3gig of ram i3-2310m cpu @ 2.10 GHz
Thea Sirmans
20130524_165609.jpg20130524_170146.jpg
Thea Sirmans
Yup everything is up todate mf utility I just downloaded it the other day it says
::firmware : 07 Mar 2013
The update dar is black

When I update it useing mf utility I still have the USB input device failed! / (this device cannot start code 10)
::my pc running windows 7. 32bit
I also tryed the boot loader thing just like this http://www.djranking s.com/mf_utilit...iver%20Fix.pdf
But it says the best driver software for your device is already installed (ATMEGA32U4 DFU Bootloader) and the midi fighter won't connect to the mf utility untell I unplug the midi fighter and plug I back in then it's on there but then I get that USB input device failed! / (this device cannot start code 10) crap

I just got it bran new may 22 opened the box and plugged it in and this started happening
Like i Sayed I've unstalled the driver then reinstalled and still the same thing

I'll post pics
Kellie Myrum
^Is everything up to date?
Thea Sirmans
Originally Posted by midifidler
Hi DnBass

The "USB Input device" is a red herring, that is the HID interface which has no function (yet) in standard mode. You should still see the USB MIDI interface called Midi Fighter Spectra under audio & game controllers.

So I just got my midi fighter spectra today and I'm having this same problem as ( DnBass ). USB input device failed! (This device cannot start Code 10) I uninstalled the midi fight like 3 times and rebooted my pc and still nothing but the samething

help!
Adolf Hit
@bbnora

Ill take those into consideration

Also I have PM'd you re the source
Taylor Camron
Hi Midifidler,

I appreciate your help. Fl uses the keyboard keys pretty extensively and much of the core functionality isn't midi assignable. I'm not sure why they designed it this way but it is what is. My ultimate goal is to be able to express a creative idea by using mostly the controller with a minimal amount of keyboard and mouse inputs.

This is my total wish list. I know that all of them can't be implemented but it would be cool if these options were available in the drop down menu within the utility.

* PgUp
* PgDn
* Up arrow
* Down arrow
* Right arrow
* Left arrow
* + (this is the plus key on the number pad)
* - (this is the minus key on the number pad)
* F5
* F6
* F7
* F8
* F9

Also, Is the firm ware for the Spectra open source? I would like to change the midi notes of some of the pads and I can't do it via the utility. I've taken a look at the midi classic firmware (https://github.com/kevinreedy/midifighter-solid) but I'm afraid to push it to the spectra because I believe I will loose some functionality.

Thanks again for your help and let me know if you have any other questions.
Adolf Hit
Hi bbonora,

Sorry I miss understood you, the HID functionality when the Remix Deck Firmware is loaded is specifically for Traktor.

The bank change note's should have been disabled when in Ableton Mode, I checked and they are not so I will fix this in the next firmware release.

Are there specific key combinations for FL Studio you would like to be able to access using the side keys? I will be working on similar functionality for Ableton and could add in FL Studio Specific shortcuts at the same time.
Taylor Camron
I'm on a PC and I'm not sure if I have the F1 drivers installed. How do I install these and where do I get them? Part of my issues is that I'm not using Tracktor or Ableton. I'm using FL Studio and one of the things that attracted me to the Spectra was the HID capabilities because many of FL's core functionality is not midi assignable.

I also noticed that when using the side buttons to switch banks in addition to switching the bank it also sends a midi note. Is there anyway to keep the bank switching function without sending a note? It's a little strange when playing and instrument and shifting up an octave to have a random low note triggered. Not sure if that makes sense.
Adolf Hit
@bbnora

Are you using PC or Mac

For remix deck functionality to work on PC you need to have the F1 drivers installed. As long as the utility shows the device as having the Remix Firmware loaded (next to update button) then that is what is installed.

Do you have any remix functionality on the arcade buttons?
Arturo Danler
Well I uninstalled the Spectra in device manager, restarted pc and low and behold it works. Ableton picked it up immediately, but Traktor took a bit of time. Traktor registered it as a control immediately and it became mappable, however after importing the DeckGrat tsi it stopped recognising the spectra, even though it was still there in devices and in + out was correct. It fixed itself when I created a new generic midi page, then deleted it. After that it worked perfectly. Thanks everyone for the tips etc.
Taylor Camron
I have the opposite problem. When I switch it to the HID firmware the side buttons continue to send midi notes. I'm trying to get the Page Up and Page Down HID signals to work but no matter what I try it doesn't work. It's almost as if the firmware isn't being pushed to the Spectra.
Adolf Hit
Hi DnBass

Arturo Danler
I updated to the new firmware and the spectra will now update from utility with no problem. However still have a major issue on the "Standard" firmware. In device manager the midi fighter still appears as "USB Input Device", with a hazard symbol, and has a code 10 in properties. I tired uninstalling the driver and scanning for new hardware but the same thing happens. Have tried updating from the utility folder and without windows update. No matter what I receive "Device driver software was not successfully installed", "USB Input Device: Failed".

No matter which mode it goes into, ableton will not recognise it.
Claire Auyeung
Originally Posted by DnBass
Using your method Tr1z I managed to get it working in traktor, but only for sample decks. I can't create a generic midi because if won't register the notes (on either firmware), and the only mapping on the community s doesnt load either. TBH i mainly wanted this for ableton, although it shows up in the MIDI devices, it's in red and doesn't respond. When I select the Spectra, ableton's midi light doesnt register. Using MIDI OX shows its sending notes, but none of the software receives them.
Just checking: If you use the device in Remix deck mode, generic midi notes will not be sent. You have to switch to midi mode by using one of the side buttons specified in the utility. It works like a switch toggling between F1 and MIDI.

If you have the "device cannot start" problem again,
Go to your Windows Device manager, if you see "Unknown USB Device" choose to uninstall it.
Then let the device manager search for new hardware again, it will find the device as a Spectra.
Random X
You might want to check this thread as well:

http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=66784
Taylor Camron
I'm having this same problem. I got it to update the firmware by following your technique but it seems like kinda of wonky way to do it. The utility should do this for you. I believe this is clearly a bug.
Arturo Danler
Using your method Tr1z I managed to get it working in traktor, but only for sample decks. I can't create a generic midi because if won't register the notes (on either firmware), and the only mapping on the community s doesnt load either. TBH i mainly wanted this for ableton, although it shows up in the MIDI devices, it's in red and doesn't respond. When I select the Spectra, ableton's midi light doesnt register. Using MIDI OX shows its sending notes, but none of the software recieves them.
Aleshia Nicaise
What i had to do was this:
When ever your switching to the Remix Decks Firmware or trying to update firmware its going to say "entering bootloader mode" in one of the steps. I unplug mine right when i hear the noise that notifies you that i device has been unplugged, then i plug it back in while holding the 4 corner buttons on the Spectra.
This will MANUALLY put it in bootloader mode to finish the setup of switching mode. I believe that the bootloader autorun drivers aren't setup correctly yet because thats the only way bootloader mode will actually turn on. I hope this helps

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy